1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] Best way to consolidate all these knee-jerk threads

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Jan 22, 2019.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How can we, somehow, make the GARM a bit more bearable after a Rockets loss?

It seems like the only time this place is even remotely decent is after a W.

Perhaps the mods could dump all these threads into a stickied folder for anyone that's looking to just "blow off steam" or just sh** on how Morey has failed to "do something" or just b**** and moan in general about whatever their little hearts desire, without the need to make a random ass thread for it....?

I mean, c'mon!

[​IMG]

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/can-we-trust-eg.295899/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/wlwlwlwl-what-does-it-mean.295889/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...e-demonstrative-with-the-front-office.295896/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...center-like-marc-gasol-or-enes-kanter.295887/

This was from a blowout loss. I really don't want to go back and pull out all the stupid ass threads created after the Nets OT loss.

And to those of you smartasses, yes we can just ignore them, but wouldn't you appreciate a less cluttered GARM in general? Especially when it comes to some of these two sentence threads.

If they need a volunteer to moderate my suggestion, I don't mind. I promise I won't go trigger happy on you all.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm more interested in moderating the Game Thread, fwiw.

Which reminds me, if we had a Subforum for archiving Game Threads, then old ones would be much easier to locate. Keep current Game Thread as is, but when it's unsticked, at some point, move to Game Archive sub. Side benefit, it would make Sorting by # of Replies much more useful in the Main GARM, since most top threads are game threads. Further, it would make searching for threads started by Clutch much more useful, if we could easily filter out the Game Threads. That said, sounds like a lot of work to move years of game threads to an archive forum...an effort the size of the Unsorted. :)

A smaller effort could consider using a sub for archiving the Best Of games. Certainly, all Playoffs.

2 cents

burnshroom and justtxyank like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I support this effort!

heypartner likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Archiving Official Roster Move threads would be very cool, too.

In other words: G.A.R.M. gets two subs for archiving key historical moments: one for G.A and one for R.M. :cool:

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'm an old fart. What does I.D.I.O.T mean on this forum

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it deserves its own thread

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

thanks

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Best solution OP is just to avoid CF after a loss .

Some people will have good/ tempered reaction to the game , but in general tempers will be hot and extracting a good discussion at that point is unlikely .

At least some of the bad threads started provide comic relief .

**** , I started a thread saying that house would have been our second best player last night !

Even I , CF's resident genius , am prone to knee-jerk reactions

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This is how I feel after the playoffs. Three months of negativity for the most part. And I can easily say I know it will be that way is it is how I feel after a loss, I just keep it to myself and not post in anger of other emotional state.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

should be a sticky

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

There could also just be a subforum for "vets" of CF, where you have to meet a threshold to be able to post threads in it.

- "Likes received" over a certain number and/or
    - "Messages" posted over a certain number and/or
    - Joined date and/or
    - How active one is, in the forums and/or
    - etc.

Or Clutch could just change the threshold of members that post threads with the above criteria. Food for thought.

FLASH21 and YOLO like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

There could also be a soft ban on the GARM for posting a thread until 7am the next day, after game days. But that could be controversial.

Who are the moderators on this forum / for the GARM? Aren't threads usually vetted before they're posted?

#12 Juxtaposed Jolt, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

alternatively it could be a separate sub-forum for anyone with "scientist," "genius," "truth," "MAD," or "melo" in their usernames :D

Reeko likes this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member