1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden needs to be more demonstrative with the front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, Jan 22, 2019.

1. threepointshot3

and demand help. It’s a travesty what this brotha has to operate with since the front office in in penny pinching mode.

He needs to be assertive and demand help since he is having a year to remember only for it all be wasted by lack of help. When you are now being talked about as the best or a top 5 offensive player ever the management needs to cash in and help him out

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes, he should force the front office to get Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal and Kyle Kuzma immediately. Also he should demonstrative his way into getting Kawhi.

He should force all these injuries to stop too while he’s in DM’s office. Make Tilman talk to the refs about more fouls in exchange for shrimp that’s bacon wrapped.

Deckard, REEKO_HTOWN, D-rock and 21 others like this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Harden might realize it is tough with 2 all star calibre players injured.

Maybe he figures when they get back healthy things will get seriously rolling?

4. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

People laughed at LeBrons supporting cast last year

But Jae crowder, Derrick rose, isiah Thomas, wade, hood, clarkson, nance, cedi, and or Tristan Thompson... anyone of those guys would be our second best player with our current injuries

CK Johnson, D-rock, BasketMAD and 6 others like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

At this point we can't much anything more of Harden and just make life as easy for him as it can. On the other hand we can stop acting like Morey is genius and force him to do moves

6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Hard to make moves when you don't have assets. We probably have the worst tradeable assets in the entire league. Our top 3 is really good but nothing else would fetch a decent return in a trade.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

hardballing House just means our owner isn't committed to winning and wants to cut corners

If we fail again this year with a healthy CP3 underperforming in the playoffs, Morey needs to find a way to trade him.

It's really disappointing that Harden is probably at the peak of his prime this year and Morey has failed again and again to get him healthy help.

Instead we're probably chained to that horrible CP3 contract and with the Warriors being so stacked, it's hard to imagine Harden will win anything on this team.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at a minimum, the front office should have found a way to retain house, who for quite a stretch was probably the most productive player for us outside of capela and really our only other above-the-rim player. instead they tried to get cute and see how much they could squeeze him w/ the initial unguaranteed 3yr minimum offer. if it was w/ similar conditions/stipulations to what clark had to sign that is just pathetic and makes me wonder what kind of issues morey has going on

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

False. Luxury Tax Savings and Draft Considerations would net a rotation quality player.

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

CP3 and Capela aren't magically walking through the door tomorrow to fix everything and Harden knows that which is why he is doing what he has to buy his team time. It is going to take a couple of weeks for real improvement. Do you actually believe that Harden, D'Antoni, Morey, and Tad Brown don't talk all the time? I promise you that Tucker, Green, CP3, Rivers, Faried, EGo, Nene, previously Ariza, Moute, and others are all here because of these relationships. It is a travesty that we have not been able to overcome Morey's huge Ryno mistake. It is an anchor that killed us last year and is still killing us. In two weeks, Morey will have his last real opportunity to do something about it but these things are mostly deadline driven and people have to exhaust options. Things don't move at our pace. Morey is getting shut out which is why he is going to have to pay a premium in places for whatever he gets. I may end up agreeing in this case that great is the enemy of good if we wait too long and don't do anything but I don't believe that is the case. The two "penny pinching" moves that we have been seen thus far were all driven by deadlines and roster decisions to open a spot to get him help. It didn't really change the money situation. If we hold on to picks and avoid turning Knight and Chriss into something productive I will lead with the pitchfork myself. I want the remaining TPE and MLE used as well. I also expect House back here after the dust clears. I want Ennis and Clark at the end of the bench because we have the talent on the court that puts them there.

11. smp

smp Member

We have been to the WCF twice in the past few years. It just so happens you have to beat GS to get to the finals. Nobody has been able to do it. Nobody has even come close except the Rockets.

People need to realize there's 5 all-stars on that starting lineup. FIVE ALL-STARS. Don't blame Morey, Harden, TF, Les, or any other team/player/owner in the West.

This is a league issue. Asking any team to matchup against 5 all-stars is a ridiculous request.

REEKO_HTOWN, D-rock, Y2JT and 6 others like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish they would just trade CP3 for an equal value big star power forward or center.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What would you consider equal value at power forward and/or center for Chris Paul in his current state?

Y2JT and justtxyank like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chris Paul's one of the worst contracts in basketball right now. Not getting anybody of note for him, not that we're even looking to trade him anyway.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

last time when Harden asked for help at the guard position, Daryl replaced all the PFs on the team with guards, I hope Harden become more specific this time

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For all we know, OP, Harden makes his feelings about the decisions Morey makes with the roster very plain to Daryl. I think he does, probably to MDA, as well, and I think he chooses to make his feelings known in private, instead of hanging out the "dirty laundry" in public. If he did, there would be many who would attack him for making public a disagreement between the team's premier star and it's GM. That's my opinion, at any rate. We don't know what he does in private about the issues and decisions regarding the roster that have such a direct impact on him on the court.

My own opinion is that if James chooses to complain in private about how the roster has been managed or other things within the team and the organization, he's doing the right thing. One can easily imagine how the chumps of BSPN and the other media talking heads would react if he loudly butted heads with Morey about what he does or does not do. It would be melodrama writ large. We would never hear the end of it.

D-rock, OtisHerrera, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I understand this. But I don't think Harden has that in him. Not like Kobe, Jordan, Magic, and Bird had it. Don't get me wrong. Harden wants to win and is doing his best on the court. But what you are asking for is a natural leader. Someone who will be vocal and outspoken about the direction of the team. I don't think that's our guy. That is CP3 and Tucker. But not JH. And that's ok. Personality types vary.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A superstar, or one who will be worth 40 million. I'd take Kuzma over Paul for long term value, but a big old guy for short term.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot that when he's being demonstrative in this way he should be packing heat. that'll send a message

D-rock likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

more than a travesty.

Deckard, D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.