1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#NothingBurger] The Secret Nunes Memo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 2, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

IMG_0006.JPG

No Worries and larsv8 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fusion GPS is an independent investigative company. Them hiring Steele was Fusion GPS's call, not the DNC. I honestly still don't understand why it matter as Steele has a career history of excellence in his field of spy craft and his expertise in Russian affairs. It was a solid hire.

The fact that the GOP hired Fusion GPS in the first place is a matter if fact.

Can you please elaborate your issue with Fusion GPS?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The liberals are hysterical again. Their left wing media sources are working overtime to try to present a united front in the face of the troubling facts that the Obama administration colluded to rig the election in Hillary's favor. These media sources (HuffPo, CNN, Mother Jones, etc) are paid to spin the news into something the left wants to hear. They're paid in the form of advertisements, and the more they tell the liberals what they want to hear, the more views they get. This fools people like FranchiseBlade who then assume what CNN/HuffPo reports is fact. There's a sucker born every minute...

#44 bigtexxx, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    deadlybulb likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You and Robert Barnes must not know very much about Carter Page.

Just amazing that this whole half concocted scandals at the center is about protecting the civil liberties of the guy who was developed as a spy 5 years ago, and was at the center of a spy ring plot that led to Russian spy’s being arrested.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ent-U-S-Accuses-Three-Russians-of-Spying.html

Spooner, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  6. conquistador#11

did you guys know comrade putin is helping out all leftist latin american countries? Trump should have just asked bob mcnair for his best tailored red blazer Instead of always trying so hard to get comrade putin's attention.

But why is The Trump the only american right winger falling in love with Comrade Putin. Putin has tremendous body, this is true but before the trump, even just 2 years ago, anything Russia was associated as anti american and was pointed to the democrats. Oh look it's black president with putin! our world is doom but now Putin and glorious motherland is praised by the republican.

Why i$ thi$? At the same time, Republicans are going to none leftist latin american countries and saying what they've been saying of glorious motherland before the trump showed up, "Beware of Russia" says funny white man with white hair. https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-china-latin-america-united-states-tillerson/29013835.html

In all, I don't know what comrade putin's end game is here. If it had been me, I'd already had place big beautiful missles in El salvador, Argentina, Bolivia, cuba, Venezuela all pointing north. Instead Putin is talking about UNITY. The world has gone mad. where are my Tremendous astros so I can stay away from DD, not dd rockets fan or DD boobs but DD forum.

#46 conquistador#11, Feb 3, 2018
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, Robert Barnes and Doc Tal should have done at least a little research before throwing this crap out there.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This “nothing-burger” went three pages deep, invoked a litany of irrational anti-Trump posts, and had Nancy Pelosi calling for Nunes’ resignation as chairman.

NOTHING-BURGER.

deadlybulb likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Some of this post is actually accurate. It makes perfect sense that Nunes should resign as chairman after building up such huge deal about the memo and then releasing this #nothing-burger is another straw to add to the camels back that he should resign.

It's funny that Trump fans seem to have given up arguing the merits of the memo, and are trying to convince folks and possibly themselves that the memo must be important because of Democrats pointing out that the memo doesn't paint an accurate picture and that they show how big of a turd the memo actually is. Somehow that reaction is why the memo must surely be valid and important.

I guess when the memo has no real merits to argue they might as well try and claim it is significant based on the reaction of Democrats. LOL!

No Worries, Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I agree with you. This is not a nothing-burger.

Trump’s twitter response indicates that the memo vindicates Trump on the whole Russian obstruction/ collusion case.

Thus, Trump released this memo to thwart and end the Mueller investigation. What does that spell? O-B-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N.

Of course, the memo does not do what Trump thinks it does. Not even close. Trump probably should read the whole 3 1/2 pages. Then Trump’s very good brain would have saved him from himself.

Nunes should probably go look for a lawyer. Mueller now has him in his sights.

13. adoo

adoo Member

don't just make a convenient claim, be specific !

why are you so afraid of being specific ?

unlike you, the FBI was able to be specific.
    The FBI said that releasing the memo would compromise national security. How is that a lie?

get your facts right.

Fusion GPS is an equal opportunity research firm. It was initially funded by a Republican source, the Washington Beacon, to conduct operational research on Trump Then, it was funded by the Dems.

unverified? which part of the Steele dossier is unverified ? why can't you be specific ?

actually, this FISA request was renewed 3 times, twice after Trump won the election.

the FSA warrant is good for 90 days then, to continue to be operational, it must be renewed subject to approval. one of the conditions for renewal it that the Gov't must show that it has made progress in the investigation.

14. TheresTheDagger

15. tallanvor

I was specific . In fact you quoted me being specific.

Did you read the memo? Tell me what part compromises na5ional security.

my facts are right . Dossier was never funded by republicans. Only hillary and fbi. By the time Steele was hired, the beacon wasnt a client of fusion. This is like the 8th time a person has been corrected on this issue in this forum.....

Hmmmm almost all of it. Not sure you know what 'unverified' means. The better question would be what parts have been verified.

#55 tallanvor, Feb 3, 2018
    deadlybulb likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. adoo

adoo Member

you can't possibly be that stupid !

disclosing such info compromises FBI's operational assets.
    FBI's developed assets, including double spies, who'd interacted w Carter Page have been rendered useful.
    Carter Page, who could have been a double spy, can no longer be used as such against the Russians.​

18. tallanvor

Carter page has been in the news for months. We already knew his phones were tapped. Hes interviewed with the fbi many times. What in the world are you talking about.

#58 tallanvor, Feb 3, 2018
  19. adoo

adoo Member

you can't possibly be that stupid

lol,

what a back-pedal; thank you for corroborating my point that Fusion GPS is an equal opportunity research firm. but, i don't need the help

the mental midget is too afraid to answer a simple question

unlike you, i am not afraid to answer simple questions. how about
    • members of the Trump campaign had been in contract w members of the Putin orbit,
    • Trump was subject to blackmail by women of ill-repute,
    • etc

Nook likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Washington Free Beacon has close ties to the GOP.

Let's look at the facts shall we?

1. The memo reveals that it was not Page who began the Russia investigation but rather Papadopoulos.
    2. The memo reveals the investigation started BEFORE the dossier
    3. The memo also reveals that three different judges approved monitoring of Page which could not have been done unless they got NEW evidence each time - that alone shows that the dossier wasn't the only evidence but rather they kept finding new things to persuade 3 different judges to ok warrants.
    4. Nunes has admitted he didn't review intelligence before writing the memo.
    5 Trump just decided not to enforce the new sanctions on Russia passed by Congress and signed by himself - ironic considering that the Steele's allegation is that Page was meeting with Russians to work out a deal to swap sanction relief for interfering with the election.

The memo was a political stunt - we all know it. Most Americans know it. It's a last ditch effort by Trump to derail the investigation into his obstruction of justice and worse. He knows he is in trouble and he is willing to burn the whole republic down to escape being a criminal.

You say you hate Trump? You should, he's destroying your party and country. This memo backfired. And now the Republican leaning FBI is warring with Republicans. WTF is wrong with the Republican party. It's not just Trump