1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No not really... but like we have stated MILLIONS of times... and the other option REALISTICALLY is Trump.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I like how the left is blaming Trump for the reason Bernie endorsing Hillary.

Lets be real. If you go against your party, your political career is history. Its the party who controls the money. Wall Street bought out the democrat party a long time ago. Suckers.

3. fchowd0311

Well if it's true then...

I mean you can't just make assertions and assume that we will just accept your paradigm as truth.

Yes, Bernie rationally believes that Trump is more dangerous than Hillary? You can disagree with his sentiments but what is so outlandish about him desiring Hillary over Trump?

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That's because Bernie is a con man and never had any intentions of running as an independent. Besides, do you really think you are not using fear to campaign for Clinton when you say something like that?

[​IMG]

5. fchowd0311

I know this is going to sound like I have a 'persecution complex' but as a brown minority from a Muslim background I actually do believe I have a rational reason to be fearful of Donald Trump. When someone at the presidential level of campaigns is willing to outright pander to white nationalists with "Donald J Trump will temporally ban all Muslim immigration to the US" which results in a massive applause(what type of person applauds for a ban of an entire religious group of people) I really do legitimately fear the discourse and singling out of people who look like me. I've experienced it first hand. I've been questioned my loyalty to this country TO MY FACE because I am brown and 'look' Muslim. It can be unnerving. When he is so willing to make completely fabricated lies about thousands upon thousands of Muslims celebrating in Jersey city over 9/11 which would in all practical sense incriminate every Muslim in Jersey city as terrorist lovers since there are only 10 thousand Muslims to begin with in Jersey City, it irks me. I'm sorry if my interests sound selfish but that irks me more than maintaining the current status quo. You can understand where my fear of Trump comes from at the very least right?

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except Sanders hasn't been a Democrat for the vast majority of is political career. He also has a very safe seat and won his initial state election beating a Democrat. Considering he is funding a primary opponent to Wasserman-Schultz shows how little love, or fear, there is between him and the party leadership.

7. MexAmercnMoose

Mexican American here....I understand your fear

8. Granville

Granville Member

There was evidence of everything he wrote.... Man up and accept that you're behind a crooked party.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Let's be accurate. Bernie has a strong following. He can do whatever.

He endorses Hillary is so normal not only because that's the party he align with more forever, but because Trump is exceptionally something he's against.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

^ since forever

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Just as I believe some of the Bernie supporters need to get over that Bernie lost and makes plans to keep pushing for progressive outcomes, some of the Dems who claim to be progressive yet are big Hillary backers need to accept that Bernie pushed Hillary and the Dems to be more progressive than contented incrementalists ever though possible.

I suspect that if there was a moderate Democrat who used to be a Republican you would not be concerned about it.

Please explain your seeming theory that Bernie only has taken the same positions for 40 years because he has always had a safe seat..

As far as backing one candidate against another in a primary, have you ever been guilty of that? Would that then make you less a "Democrat."?

I am not sure you realize what being a Democrat is all about. Hint: it is not a dues paying organization with a rigid for example purely centrist ideology.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He sold out by getting 90% of what he wanted in the platform. That's the kind of selling out that his supporters can be happy about.

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Are there more Never Hillary or more never Trump out there? ;)

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

There are a bunch of us "Never Either" people out here.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Good luck with that, you get one or the other.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thankfully there were enough sane people to not vote either Sanders or Trump

19. TheresTheDagger

Lets be real.

On Friday, the platform gets put away until 4 years from now and the next DNC where they'll blow the dust off and adjust it again. (Same with the RNC btw)

Meanwhile, it gets ignored otherwise.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How can Republicans (trump specifically) blast Bernie for "selling out" while at the same time lambaste Ted Cruz for not selling out? lol at this hypocrisy.