1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zion Williamson's weight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Feb 15, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

How do you know they gained it all back? Lebron went too far so he gained some weight back but his body doesnt seem as thick as his Miami days.

More importantly whether it works or not what's the harm in it? Please tell me what's wrong with having a lighter body weight when your job is to run up and down the court and jump as high as you can every other play?

NBA is now almost a non contact sport majority of injuries are accidental like landing on the foot of someone or just wear and tear of their body. Are you seriously trying to argue heavy weight would prolong the careers of these people?

It doesn't take a doctor to figure this out smh. But you even have that doctor in the youtube video talking about how Zion's health including his weight and the stress on his legs affects his long term career when he spends so much time running and jumping with intensity.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

has there ever been a player in another sport that gets criticized by the way they walk/run and how it could contribute to injuries? i find this very odd.

the only one i remember is fergie criticizing jordan henderson's running style and how it's an injury time bomb. but breh just captained and won the champions league last season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are really naive -- Lerbron is a walking steroid who needs to shut up and dribble.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will he listen though?

5. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

It's not odd considering:

1. Weight
    2. Athleticism
    3. Very obvious peculiarities when walking.
    4. The problem already reared it's head.

And Zion is not the first. Every Big Man is being scrutinize, generally it's the feet, but knees are another favorite subject. That's simply because it's a pretty much classical scenario; Big Man hurts feet or Knees. In Zion's case there's sufficient reason to assume the knees will be problematic..

Jontro likes this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That's the difference. 'with intensity'. Zion does this all the time. LeBron, as an example...only occassionally. Zion is hyper explosive all the time. LeBron is more smooth. LeBron, for example, has never torn his shoes apart making a cut. That same stress that tore that shoe apart...is hitting Zion's body, all the time. I wish him the best of luck for along career...but would not be surprised at all if it isn't. Maybe he'll morph like Barkley did, and jack up unnecessary three's late in his career. :). Although its looking like he may be a lot better three point shooter.

da_juice and roslolian like this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Hence my wondering if they've done a DNA test. There are 'super genes' identified which seem to indicate why some people never get knee issues, for example...and there are similar signs when someone is going to be prone to getting them.

Ronkol likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

People take steroids to be jacked and gain muscle mass if Lebron slimmed down he probably isn't taking steroids since he is actually shedding weight. If there is anyone who is more at risk of having taken steroids it might be Zion look at how big he is.

9. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

That's not quite right. Depending on the type of steroid, dosage and workout you will see different effects. Athletes also use steroids as recovery drug (Floyd Landis). Indeed, if I would have to heal a tear in a short period and didn't have to worry about a test, steroids is a logical decision.

I would not be surprised if Lebron and many other Stars use some Steroids during their career, especially when they have an injury *shrug*

B-Bob likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but we are talking about steroids as PeDs here not steroids for recovery.

I took steroids to treat my hyper thyroid pretty sure that's different from the steroids Dwade took that enlarged his jawline to chipmunk levels

#50 roslolian, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Sanctity likes this.
  11. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

It's both PED's, just another strategy. And sure, an injury is different, but with recovery I also mean recovering from the high workload.

Roids for recovery means that you can indeed have higher training loads (your body recovers faster) and need less gym work (muscles are more reactive on your training). This is why Roids work in almost every sport and why it is even a thing for puny cyclists and long distance runners.

It's why I assume there's a lot of steroid usage in the NBA, quite simply because the agenda is so loaded. Recovery is key. And still: *Shrug*. Not having a strong moral opinion here.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I guess they are def prevalent. Tbh I do think Lebron took roids before, just look at Dwade's jaw line in Miami days. And if Dwade was taking roids then Lebron probably took roids too cuz they were bffs in the same team.

But the whole conversation is about losing weight not really roids, I think if Lebron slims down chances are he isnt taking roids cuz roids make you gain weight that would be counter intuitive. You dont need high recovery cuz you arent building muscle mass you are shedding them. Regardless if he took them or not I think Lebron still benefitted from losing weight which was the main topic here to begin with.

Ronkol likes this.
  13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Oden was criticized for his walking gait since one leg was longer than the other and it was speculated that may have been a cause for his chronic injuries.

Jontro likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well we have a solid sample size now and this kid is dominating like no other 19 year old I can recall. There of course is always the caveat 'if he stays healthy' but right now he looks extremely explosive and has regained confidence in the leg.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Charles Barkley 2.0.

DD

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Got Two words "elite eight"!

One bucket away from final four.

Twenty points per game capability without the need for free throws so you can't run 'hack a zion' schemes!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Elite Eight as in 8 years of greatness before he loses his athleticism and gets perpetually injured like Blake Griffin?

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron had 20 5 5 and Luka had 21 6 7 as 19 year olds so...

He is only 19 man, he should be healthy as an ox right now. But as we have seen with Yao Ming, Blake Griffin, Brandon Roy, John Wall and D.Rose the health problems come sooner or later.

He needs to slim down otherwise we are all gonna make a thread of how Zion sucks now years later and people are gonna say they saw it coming a mile away.

saleem likes this.
  19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Charles Barkley looks like Calista Flockhart compared to this guy...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The defense is there and he doesn't seem to be really even trying very hard!

This dude is really good!
    The buckets he gets aren't really forced.

They made multiple runs against Lakers without alot of three's or dunks.

Jj Reddick plays with Zion as a veteran yet Reddick doesn't give much offensive support.

#60 smoothie_king, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    conquistador#11 likes this.