1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zillgitt] Harden's style created tension between players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 18, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Jeff Zillgitt:

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Who the hell is he?

3. curbur

curbur Member

I bet Lawson is one of the players frustrated by it.

4. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

a nobody

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's obvious to us fans. Players frustrated because McHale wasn't reining in Harden for his lousy play.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

USA Today NBA reporter

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I think it's funny when after games Harden talks about effort and defense when he's the main problem. I'm sure the other players got tired of him blaming them during the games for his mistakes and of course holding the ball too long.

8. ibm

ibm Member

possible. but i hope thats not the case.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

he has to adjust his game as much as anyone else on this team. he cannot play the same way he did last year. there's no reason for him to be putting up 20+ shots playing the way he's been playing.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know Harden ball can get frustrating at times, but we have not had a lot of issues with it during the past few years. Playoffs is a different story, but that was more to blame on the lack of creators or turnover machines (looking at you Lin).

The problem that this year the team did not use preseason to prepare at all. We had random line ups, random players resting, players who weren't even going to make the roster playing too much, etc. The concerns were there early for many of the Rockets fans, hell Clutch wrote an article about it.

The lack of being prepared was a huge issue. It is more apparent now that McHale should not have jacked around in the preseason thinking the players were just going to get it. It's stupid. I do think the players should shoulder some of the blame, but the coach has a huge responsibility to figure some of these things out. Lawson and Harden should not be struggling to play with one another. The problem is that we brought in Lawson, but you have him playing the same role Patrick played last season which was bring the ball up and go park at the corner three. It's stupid. We saw the potential of this team against OKC in those last minutes. Lawson and Harden played really well together. It can work, we just had a coach that thought this would magically happen just because you put two great players playing with one another. It just doesn't work that way.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No one likes the isolation play. Other players can not see the ball, and can not play defense either when he turns the ball over or misses a long three jump.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol they nobody was crying when he had to carry the team on his back because everyone else on the team couldn't put the ball in the basket.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This team is done

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

It's fine when he makes it. He's not making it.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

winning cures all and much of the rotation was fairly new last year. Now you have everyone back and a pg like Lawson yet he's putting up 20+ shots a game and playing extremely bad on both ends, especially defensively. Nobody should be surprised if others are frustrated.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

It really pisses me off when Harden complains to our bigs with his hands gestures whenever opposite team scores easy basket in the paint. Like "dude why didn't you rotate to defend my guy? you expect me to defend?"

1 person likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Players would be quicker to coexist with Harden if he gave defensive effort.

Who wants to hustle when the best player is half-assing?

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Harden is averaging a career high in FGA. He needs to be at around 15-18 FGA per game, not 20. Get your teammates involved.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

When you play the isolation ball, other players are not involved, they are normally cold when you ask them to make plays. The players tend to quit the play on the defensive end too if they are not involved on the offensive end.