1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zijie Shen, 16 year old 7 footer, another big kid out of china

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by yaodynasty, Aug 6, 2014.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Hmm that dude is super thin. I thought KD was thin but this guy Zhou qi guy is freakishly thin. If he's the next china superstar then I'm sorry to say china basketball doesn't look like it's going to be very competitive at all. His frame is tiny and he will get abused by more athletic and stronger players. Yao while skinny when he was young had a much better frame to pack on some muscle

Now this 16 year old dude on the other hand actually looks like he has a nba body. I know he's playing against other 16 year old competition but IMO he has some potential. Does look a bit Marc gasol like

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

His arms are almost as thin as Robert Covington's legs

3. SunsRocketsfan

okay I take backw what I said about Zhou Qi a bit. THe dude does look like he has some good fundamentals, quickness and skills for a big man after seeing this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m__8b4R7y3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude is still weak as hell tho. Watching him do those bench presses was painful.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Thanks but I've already known about Zhou Qi since I follow some of the FIBA games.

5. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

This is China's current U17 team that is competing at the World Championship

[​IMG]

Zijie Shen was on last year China U16 team that competed in Asia's zone.

[​IMG]

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

^ Why don't they eat?

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I had similar concern before, but he's outstanding in FIBA competition. I thought Durant would have serious trouble in NBA, when he can't even bench press once in predaft workouts...

8. VanityHalfBlack

Is there some sort of rules/regulation for Shen not to play in FIBA tournament? I mean the kid is freaking 16yrs old in high school, Pearland high school of all places?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Bring him in!

10. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

They do eat but it's just that steroid is not a Chinese cuisine.

11. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

really impressed with the kid's footwork. THE SHANGHAI SHAKE BABY!

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Looks to me like #12 is eating for everyone else lol.

Seriously though, the CNT really needs to hit the weight room more.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

These are HS kids they aren't going to be huge yet. Wait till they get in their mid 20s. Plus, the chinese diet consists of eating white rice with foods with high sodium levels. That may affect their builds.

14. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

check Yao Ming's body frame at similar age, and a later photo after coming to NBA. He made DH looking so small in the photo.

What did Embiid eat in the past 2 years?This Shen kid already has a better built than Embiid in 2011. He is only 16 and alrealdy has a wing spam close to Yao's. Give him 4 years of gym, could be something special.

I think he has high ceiling than Steve Adams. Thunders will start Adams in couple years, then can draft this kid to upgrade. Or Rockets can get this kid for pf, or for center if DH wants to leave after his contract is up;).

15. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I think Yi lacks confidence due to inconsistant touch and play time, then gradually the coach and teammates lost confidence in him.

This Shen kid wears a 23 jersey. On one hand a basketball player who dares to wear 23 got to be very condifent in himself. On the other hand, his coach and fellow teammates must truly believe in him when they let him wear 23. From the way he was involved in the game, it is the truth.

The youth period is very critial to one's future path. If one consistantly gets trust and encourage through teenage and up, that will make a huge impact in his development. Take Kwame Brown as an example, if he were in KD's enviroment and got similar treatment, Kwame could have developed into sth special.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yao is just fat in this pic lol

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah not a good pic LOL.

Yao always had a very strong lower body. once he developed his upper body and was able to bang away his game went to another level.

[​IMG]

19. CertifiedTroll

Are you friends with Ron Artest?

20. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

1.4 Billion. That's all I've got to say, brother.