1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zierlein] Dwight Howard doesn't want you Houston, so let's move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2012/07/dwight-howard-doesnt-want-you-houston-so-lets-move-on/

This goes somewhat back to that thread about arguing against Dwight now that we've pretty much gone the Tanking Route...but still, I wholeheartedly agree with everything he said. That gesture Dwight made--of picking the lesser of two evils in re-upping with Orlando one extra year rather than suffer through two measley months as a Rocket--that right there told me all I needed to know.

You don't want us, Dwight, we don't want you. Go **** yourself and never win a championship in the process. It's time to do this the right way, the only way a non-LA, non-Boston, non-New York, non-Miami team could do it.

2 people like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I hope we are not going to gamble everything on a baby who doesn't want to be here.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

force him to be here :grin:

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I agree, I don't want Dwight here. I don't want to give Orlando all our picks, our young talent for a guy that will halfass on the court if traded here. He doesn't want to be in Houston and he made himself clear. Everyone and their grandmas know Dwight doesn't want to be in Houston. So why keep going after him anyway. If the Rockets trade for Dwight, Orlando would have the better end of that deal because their young players and pick will still be on their team for more than a year while Howard will bolt from Houston so quick.

Many of you keep thinking that Houston will convince him and having Hakeem here will convince him but it will not. Stop dreaming that Dwight will forever don a HOuston uniform. He doesn't want to have anything to do with Houston. He rather stayed an extra year in Orlando than to be in Houston for a few months in the last trading deadline. I don't want him here!!! If he's traded here, he will whine and cry and complain. He will ruin the chemistry in the locker room. He will not play hard at all on the court. You know what happens when a guy doesn't want to play for a certain team and he made himself clear but yet he was traded to that team anyway. You know how he would act. It would be a disaster for Houston...

If the Rockets still think they can convince Howard to stay in Houston, then I have nothing else to say but they are a bunch of dumbasses.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll take Dwight without any guarantee's he'll resign with us and trade most of our team for him. (Trading donuts and royce would hurt a little, I'll admit. However, it's our chance at a top 5 player in the league. Those don't grow on trees.)

6. Rockets_4_life

I agree built from the ground up.

and **** Dwight!

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

In Morey We Are Waiting.........

8. Rockets_4_life

Its not a chance, its a guarantee.

Guy preferred to opt in for an extra whole year, then spend a few months in Houston and then become a free agent in 2012.

To me that speaks massive volume, the guy would hate it here, and I for one wouldn't want that piece of **** anywhere close to this team!

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Pau Gasol doesn't want to be in Houston either. It didn't prevent us from trading for him last year. Fact of the matter is, Dwight Howard is the best Center in the world. He can transform our team into a top defensive team in the league. If you have a shot to get one of these players on your basketball team, you do it. I don't care if he doesn't want to play here. He's the most indecisive player the league has ever seen.

"Trade me here."
    "I want the coach fired."
    "My heart is in Orlando."
    "I won't opt in to my final season with Orlando."
    "I'm opting in to my final season in Orlando."
    "I don't want to be on this team anymore."
    "Trade me to Brooklyn."
    "I don't want to be in Houston."

Who knows? Maybe the next thing that comes out of this crybaby's mouth is that he likes Houston and is willing to give us a chance to build some talent around him. Not to mention a 30 million dollar bonus and no state income tax to sweeten the deal. We've done nothing the last three years. Let's swing for the fences.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Trade for him out of spite!!!

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

hope he is using all these picks and PFs for someone other than dwight

12. FFz

FFz Member

Are you guys ****ing crazy? It's dwight ****ing howard man. The most dominating center in the NBA. We need psych consults for the whole lot of yall.

1 person likes this.
  13. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

This Dwight situations sounds EXACTLY like the Mobley/Francis for Tmac trade.

All I got to say is Clutchfans never learns. You ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS trade for superstars. Role players are EASILY attainable. Who the hell cares if he bolts, even a 5% chance he stays (I honestly think it is 50/50 because quite simply no one wants to run away from the money), it is worth it.

All you guys complain Morey sucks, Morey this, Morey that, then when he has a chance to get a superstar everyone says DON'T DO THAT. Just FYI you ARE NOT getting a superstar without doing 1 of the following:
    1) Tanking and getting lucky on getting/picking a good pick
    2) Having a team in Miami, LA, NY.
    3) Having a superstar who is NOT HAPPY with his team. If Howard was happy even a little you think there is even a chance in hell Orlando gets rid of him? HELL NO.

We have been riding out these role players for 3 years, and you guys want to continue on that trend? Sorry Dmo is no superstar, neither is anyone we drafted this year. How many #12 to the end of the draft picks have turned out to be superstars? Maybe 3 EVER? (I can only think of Parker, and he is iffy on being a superstar).

Take the gamble, go for Dwight or Tank. Since Les is NEVER going to tank, it would be beyond stupid for Morey not to put all his chips on Dwight because there isn't another superstar that we have a shot at getting.

When/if we get Dwight, don't be surprised if possibilities to get CP3 become WAY BETTER (remember he is an UFA, he wanted to play with Dwight, and we'll have cap room (LAC won't)).

1 person likes this.
  14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

He didn't want to NOT come to Houston. He didn't want to leave money on the table.

He saw all the other superstars demanding trades to where they wanted and KNEW Houston was NOT going to trade him, it was going to be walk or resign. All of a sudden, Orlando doesn't follow suit. I'd love to gamble to see if Dwight is really willing to leave 25 million on the table.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Face it people, NBA players are dumb as dirt. They couldn't see beyond their noses if there was a cliff right in front of them. Rest assured that just as Tracy McGrady pouted his way off the Rockets and out of the NBA (he used to be compared to KOBE remember?!?!), Dwight would do the same thing if he were on our team.

He would shoot his hand--his legacy as a player and ability to make money--to spite his arm--us as a franchise and fanbase. He would pout first and pay second. Distant threats mean nothing to people who can't think two steps ahead.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

His opting in for this next year with Orlando says he doesn't want to leave $57 million on the table by leaving his team for free agency.

I'd like to trade for him, just to stick it to him and see if he'll leave $57 million by going into free agency. It'll hurt us to lose a year of assets that we had to trade for him, but it'll hurt him just as much or more apparently since he was willing to opt back in with Orlando.

As lame as we look chasing this guy who doesn't want to be here, Dwight really screwed himself by opting in with Orlando for this year.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll get as much joy Watching Howard wearing a Rockets jersey during the all-star game as watching him leave $50 million on the table to go to a team with cap room (Nets don't have any and neither do the Lakers).

If Dwight wants to play with a star we will have the cap space to chase CP3 next year when the Clippers lose in the first round.

I don't care. Go HAM or go home! Get Howard/.

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I remember Cleveland fan's telling themselves that Lebron wouldn't leave money on the table and we all saw how that turned out... SMH

I really hope Nets, Hawks or Lakers, save the Rockets from themselves, and get a trade for Dwight done soon.

19. BreakYoSelfFool

First of all, its obvious that money is more important to Dwight than getting where he wants to be. If not he would have opted out last year and signed as a free agent with NJ. The only thing that stopped him was not getting the money. He opted in to get another chance to get traded to NJ and still get the full pay. But lets just assume that there is a chance that Dwight will leave at the end of the season.

If we get Dwight its a win-win situation:

If he stays we get the best center in the NBA to build around
    If he leaves we get a clean slate, and may get good assets returned if his destination needs us to take on some salary to fit him

Either way
    We get rid of 1 or 2 more higher priced vets.
    We get dwight and sell tickets this season

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

The flipside to this is, why so bitter?

He never teased Houston. Houston probably didn't even cross his mind (for longer than 5 minutes cumulatively). He probably never even spent a minute stressing about it. But Rockets fans overanalze and stressed about it for months and now is bitter since it didn't work out the way they wanted. It's like the girl who now hates you for not liking her back in the first place. It's like uh.... weirdo... psycho.. lol

Ridiculous...