1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zeitgeist Movie - Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vunny1408, Jun 30, 2007.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

You may not know that after Ruppert published the book, he was harrassed, then vandalized, finally his business was shut down and he fled the country, he was then poisoned, but he lived through it and is in Canada trying to recover healthwise.

last i heard

2. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I have not heard that. But it surely doesn't surprise me that such a thing would happen. I'm sure "they" tried to attack his character and credibility as well. You know, the type of behavior that would closely represent what a fascist government would do.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eXntMDxHFFA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eXntMDxHFFA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is about space-based weapons and the shadow government's targeting of Hussein and the Gulf War in the 70's all in the name of power and greed.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Just saw this movie. Wow. Did they really try that?

Attempting to reduce major religions to astrological beliefs and then jumping into the ultra wacky 9/11 theories was definitely provocative. I'm guessing the producers thought this would give their argument greater strength.

To be fair, I felt it is sensational much like Petrodollar Warfare. They are both entertaining and at times thought provoking.

Worth watching.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's the strongest part of the movie.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

christianity did get altered and rewritten at the council of nicea to resonate with pagan historical traditions.

and petrodollar warfare isnt sensationalist, its reality.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

also, building 7 was a controlled demolition :X

8. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

It's been a while since I watched it, but even this part had many problems and some of the arguments were nonsensical if not dishonest. It's weird. You don't need to try that hard to show that christianity is a derivative of countless other religions and has no more substance than any of them. But they tried too hard and connected some dots that weren't there.