1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: "Rockets - least watchable of all playoffs teams"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Oct 20, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would rep if possible

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sach Blowe, lol

3. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Yep couldn't agree more...on both counts

Its a privilege to watch the Rockets games and never to be taken for granted by me. I love our guys in the booth also.

4. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I don't care what else he said, he's like the first media person I've ever read say something other than "harden flops har har" and actually tell the truth... the guy is good and people foul him constantly.

5. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

I agree with Lowe, if only because Clyde is the worst commentator in the entire league. He is the ultimate embodiment of nepotism. Without his name, he would 100% not be employed as a broadcaster. He literally adds no meaningful information or insight to any broadcast. It dosent matter whether or not Clyde is a homer, its the fact that he is completely clueless and barely articulate that drives me nuts. I 100% respect his career as an all-time great player, but I think we all know deep down he is an absolute flaming dumpster fire of a commentator.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Oh, shut up Big Nose

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ToYt5SgGDgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I died when I read that lol.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I agree on the court, they say red saturates too much on TV, but I miss the red paint at least.

And on the fans, I bet it's because most who can afford to attend NBA games regularly are those driving in from Sugarland, Woodlands, etc, who would rather hang out and sip craft beers than really get into a sporting event.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt that Clyde's awful, but Bill and Bull are fine. Boston has to have the worst, most homerish announcers I've ever heard.

11. Handles

Handles Member

I care about this so much because I can't enjoy watching my favorite team unless Sach Blowe enjoys it.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

grantland is a national media outlet. Not sure who owns it (espn, abc , etc....). It's sensational trash. Long gone are its days of being relevant in any real bball dialogue.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

14. baubo

baubo Member

Because I grew up in that weird time of Oilers leaving just as I grew into a fan, my most impressionable time as NFL fan came when there was no team in Houston, so I've never been a true Texans fan like I am with the Astros/Rockets.

And I can say without a doubt that this is just flat out wrong. When there’s not a lot of allegiance to teams, you certainly do not just watch because a team is good.

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Our announce team is no more biased than any other.

16. basketballholic

Those jokers in Cleveland are the worst homers. I think it's Carr and somebody else. They're terrible.

17. hakeemthagreat

The last part about Dwight confirmed he doesn't know anything about the Rockets. The national writers always get their unnecessary Dwight Howard dig in when assessing the Rockets

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree. Lowe complimented the Rockets and Harden a lot in that post. And the ranking was really just for fun.

The great thing about LP is your archive will have every game for multiple years. So yes, national games are not blacked-out once they go to your Archive.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

"Good" teams consistently get more national exposure in both print, media, and actual national televised accessibility.

20. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

The guy is a clown.