1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Rockets inquired about JR Smith, also talked to the Heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lionaire, Jul 31, 2018.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Thanks for making this thread on my behalf. I was so confused lol @Clutch

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Right, Ryno for JR Smith straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat...

xtruroyaltyx and whiskeyred like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm more worried about other things then his defensive assignments lol. This guy makes Melo look like Lebron in bball IQ dept.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah bro as one of the biggest downers on Anderson in the board I would rather keep Anderson than take in JR freaking Smith. You don't want somebody that dumb on your team esp since he has the Melo disease and doesnt want to come off the bench.

pst257 likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

I'm assuming J.R Smith would be in conjunction with Rodney Hood sign and trade, in which case I'm all for it

htxaf and UTSA2step like this.
  6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

But that lux tax bro, no doubt it goes through if I'm Morey, no one says you have to play him... Think about years and guaranteed money!

7. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

A trade of
    Ryno+Nene+Onuaku+1.7m guy (Filler type Morey pulled for CP)
    for
    T. Johnson and J. Johnson

Would be ecstatic about that trade, getting two great defenders and can play offense too. Miami would get under the tax and have saved them 6M this year and 9Mill next year

whiskeyred and Chamillionaire like this.
  8. rocketseagles07

I’d love it too... I just don’t see them doing it just to save money...

9. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Yeah could be a pipe dream, I can see them asking us to take Waiters instead of one of the Johnsons

10. Chamillionaire

I hope we keep Nene. Even if he doesn't play, he still can for a limited time and he's liked by other players and a lot of them look up to him. Just a good guy to have on the team.

11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Gotta have those locker room guys

jch1911 and Chamillionaire like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to J.R. Tyler is not bad, but he isn't a play maker. MCW doesn't cut it, and Melton lacks experience as a backup PG. Tyler will want minutes. He won't get many with Harden and Eric. James Johnson can only be obtained by moving EG, and that isn't a good idea. EG is very important to the team. His impact is underrated.

13. j@amc

j@amc Member

I don’t think there is much upside to J.R.

There would be be a few minutes for Tyler but not many. The depth of a J. Johnson looks great, but I don’t see any way to make the money work.

And for trade purposes, we already have a random trade thread. Every suggestion that iwould move EG belongs over there. I can’t imagine any scenario at this point in which EG would be moved to make salaries work. That’s simply a deal breaker for me.

saleem likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

I don't think JR Smith is as bad of a pickup as we think. Given how we play, and his skillset, I think we could make it work. The problem is we already have our JR Smith with Gerald Green. Green is bigger, more athletic & doesn't make as many mistakes. We don't JR Smith coming off our bench right now

15. saleem

It's a deal breaker for me too. I don't know what Morey is thinking. You are correct, any comments regarding any potential move involving EG does belong in the random trade thread. Thanks.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe you're on to something. Maybe Morey is trying to acquire J.R. Smith and Swaggy P so he can have a trade package the Lakers would find attractive.

#76 Williamson, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    jch1911 likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wow so is that a fact? Then miami is overplaying their hand badly. Johnson's contract aint no picnic either. If they are demanding Gordon i hope thats a short conversation. Picks and prospects as sweeteners, no key pieces like gordon.

18. saleem

No, I'm just stating a concern of mine. If Houston wants James Johnson badly, then the only way it could work cap wise is with EG being sent to the Heat. EG makes 13M, James Johnson 14 M.

I'm totally opposed to this. I don't know what Morey is thinking. I hope he isn't thinking in this direction.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

HAHAHA :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so what does J.R. think about H.R. possibly acquiring J.R.? :D