1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zach Lowe] Hawks Tim Hardaway JR available for 2nd round pick(s)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jan 6, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Love Brewer's Hustle, but anyone that can take his minute Rockets would be that much better.

Vivi likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Makes the Rockets look even smarter

3. BackdoorHarden

He can take the 15 minutes Brewer is playing.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Wise moves.

All those overrated, glorified all stars starter 2 seasons ago that left the Hawks are all having subpar seasons in their new teams.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Picture Hardaway Jr getting Brewers minutes.

Whats to lose?

Nice insurance in case of Ego missing games

Cashmoney likes this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We need a big more than anything especially if N.O gets Milsap like the rumors suggest. I'm sure Morey would rather give up that 2nd rounder to the Mavs for Bogut than another guard we could use but don't need unless ATL wants KJ for him

7. raining threes

Do it,

2nd and KJ for Hardaway (Perfect fit for this team).

2nd for Bogut

Go for it without Mortgaging the future.

Still would rather have Nurkic though.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

People actually said no? To the posters who said no have you watched him the last couple of seasons? Sure he is prone to inconsistency but this dude would be LIT off the bench. Long, athletic, can slash and shoot. Can handle the ball a bit.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't jump on this. He would be incredible in this system

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn I feel bad for Dwight, he thought he was going to an East finalist now they're shutting the entire team down lol. I'm not sure we need Hardaway JR, honestly I'd rather just have Gary Payton II on the team as a Bev replacement.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who would he replace among the guards on the team? Bev? Harden? Gordon? What we need is somebody who would be happy to sit on the bench and only get ~10 mins of PT which are basically Brewer's PT. Not sure if he would be happy with that considering it's a contract year.

11. noppeper

noppeper Member

Maybe I'm not seeing something obvious, but I agree with this. Brewer has been serviceable this year, and Hardaway Jr. doesn't move the needle much more than that.

I feel that getting a legit backup for Beverley is the Rockets biggest need, given Patrick's injury concerns. Somebody like Jameer Nelson would fit really well here.

After that, getting a C or PF/C is the biggest need.

Pen15clubber and Deckard like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wish we could get someone like former Longhorn DJ Augustin, who gave us fits last night. Yeah, I know it's a typical, "Golly! I'd sure like to get the fellow that gave us fits last night!" comment, and yeah, I'm far from the first guy to mention him, but he'd be a great backup for Bev. Experienced, can play the position, and can hit his 3's. His contract is in Brew's wheelhouse, $7.25 million for 3 seasons after this one. Don't know the contract details beyond that, but we have some pieces we could entice them with, if they had any interest (and I'm not waving Brewer around as someone they'd love to have). Orlando isn't going anywhere. A couple of 2nd round picks might pique their interest.

If there's someone else similar to Augustin around the league, I hope Morey has his nose to the ground. DJ would be a very solid backup for Bev and considering that Our Hero only knows one way to play, full bore, we really do need a solid backup for him. Somebody.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh. He is nothing compared to his dad Penny.

14. rockpileindisma

You are too good to be out here recycling these jokes

15. MONON

MONON Member

If he can play some point, then yes. If not, NO!

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean I could live with him I guess if he's cheap but he's really nothing special. Poor defensively and nothing special on offense.

Not a good shooter, not a good defender, RFA after the year. He's better than ennis but that doesn't mean much

I'd rather get barbosa

craguin likes this.
  17. craguin

craguin Member

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Penny is the biological father. Tim Sr. adopted him.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

C'mon on now. Brewer has been getting 15+ minutes a game lately. He can also play some SF. Help relieve some of arizas load. I cannot believe some of the comments here it's clear people don't really watch him night in night out. You do this deal every time without hesitation.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i still disagree :D