1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: “The Rockets Org Knows Who Did/Didn’t Vote Harden For MVP Last Year”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 14, 2018.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Zach Lowe is a bish.

2. Progs

Progs Member

This is frightening

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the MVP award still carries a ton of weight, especially when talking about somebody’s legacy...rings are clearly greater and more important than an MVP award, but I still care about both

I want Harden to get this MVP and the team to get this chip

Deuce, SS0101, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

MVP is important and Harden has been deserving twice. Of course we're upset. It also is a mark of prestige for the organization.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s a really good idea, I like it

Roc Paint, DonKnock and da_juice like this.
  6. seeingred

seeingred Member

I wish the MVP didn't count towards "legacy", GOAT, and Hall of Fame discussions because so many of those with a vote are abject clowns. But as long as it does, I will care if the best player on my favorite team continually gets shafted. Rings are more important but, sadly, so is this.

Just like Altuve winning his MVP - it shows the growth of a player. Harden has minimized his deficiencies, enhanced his strenths, improved his fitness, and learned to handle being the face of a franchise. Who would've thought when we traded for him that he'd someday be the best player in the WORLD? Absolutely jaw dropping.

BamBam, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They simultaneously held that Harden had too much help and that Ryno was the worst contract in the nba.

Spacemoth, D-rock, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You know, it's funny how often posters start a post in this manner on the internet, and then proceed to make really poor arguments and in the process make themselves look like a pompous ass.

I didn't say there's zero impact. I said my expectation is there is no connection one way or the other on how role players play in the postseason and whether their best player won an MVP or not. Of course, for some players it could conceivably matter -- since, yes, players are not machines (duh). But unless you have evidence to the contrary, I don't expect the aggregate impact to be positive or negative. By all means, present the evidence you have from psychology research or whereever and convince me otherwise.

I missed the point you were trying to make with your list of player examples, because when I referred to the "organization" ending up looking second rate, I was referring to team officials representing the organization. If your examples were officials from the Warriors or Spurs campaigning for MVP the way the Rockets did (do), then I would consider conceding this point. Though I still would consider it unseemly for a championship-caliber team.

That's not what I said. I said respect should not be demanded unless the player/team has achieved postseason success -- where what constitutes postseason success is relative to what a player has around them.

I don't know in what sense you think Davis gets more "respect" in the media than Harden. I would dispute that. But in any case, demanding respect in my view is a privilege earned only when a team or player has proven themselves in the postseason. Davis is certainly not qualified to demand respect as a winner and impactful, championship-caliber player at this stage in his career.

Why don't you cite some of the research you've read from the field of psychology that backs up whatever arguments you're making here. I'm sure others would find that interesting as well, if they indeed exist.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Aye we can curse here now? Sweet.

da_juice likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Michelle Beadle definitely one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if she voted for the injured Kawhi this year instead of Harden.

Last year they had a show on SN near the end of season where she ranked Harden 4th on her MVP voting behind Kawhi and Westbrook.

If you look at her ballot, she was one of the only people who voted for Kawhi 1st place.

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Wtf is her deal? She butt hurt over Hakeem ruining the Admiral’s MVP season?

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

13. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

WTF TJ MANOTOC from the Philippines one of the bias nba commentator i have heard doesn't deserve a vote...

DonKnock, ribbit and vlaurelio like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

For someone who screams from the top of their lungs that they don’t care at all about regular season awards you sure spent quite some time in that Harden MVP thread tonight.

Typical clown behavior.

#74 DonKnock, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    J.R., Reeko, vlaurelio and 1 other person like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Prolly thinks she hot when not smiling.

dkim1984 likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If harden wins mvp and chip this year then he immediately has a better legacy than durant.

Before the season started I said that harden was a better player than KD and most thought I was ridiculous. Do y’all still disagree?

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

MVP is a very prestigious award. Whilst I would be upset if the organization made it their mission to get their best player the MVP (something OKC was somewhat guilty of last season), I also believe the organization should do everything they can to ensure their player's get the recognition they deserve.

If Harden wins an MVP, it isn't just a prestigious award for him, but for the organization as well. We only have 2 MVPs in franchise history, and those were more than 20 years ago.

In an era that is now dominated by probably the most talented team in NBA history, every little win counts.

vlaurelio and DonKnock like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This

Harden the lone superstar last year maximized rockets' wins thus he deserves the MVP

While WB and OKC sacrificed wins, held back franchise player/all-star oladipo, and stole rebounds from adams and other teammates to stat chase and win MVP

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

No surprises there, its obvious she doesn't like men just from listening to the **** that comes out of her mouth but after that **** with TMac I'm surprised people still give a **** about her

20. the shark

the shark Member

Damn right MVP is a "very prestigious award", and yet, this organization has someone that has won it not once but TWICE and there's countless fans on here who don't even know who he is nor give him the respect he deserves. That man is Moses Malone!!!!