1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[youtube] The Rise Of Jeremy Lin Trailer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Aug 1, 2012.

1. jason330i

jason330i Member

i would say he is more athletic and stronger than former MVP steve nash.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I've watched Steve Nash played overtime couple of time. He could sustain at the prime level much longer than Jeremy...

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

And Nash runs much more fastbreak than Lin does...

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That they picked Jordan Hill instead of Jennings?

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Did you just say because he is asian he is lacking in strength and athleticism? If you did that is a massive stereotype. His athleticism and strength is probably the most underrated aspect of his game. Enough people have said as much.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thats how the story goes. He hates there guts. He wanted to be a knick so bad. He always tries to light up the knicks and he always wants his team to win. He also strikes me as the type of kid that wants to be hyped. He was chirping on Rubio and Lin as well because they were hyped. Lol.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

As a lot of reports say, one of the major challenge for him this year is that can he maintain the level of game he played in the knicks as a starter for a whole season. I did watch his knick games, and a lot of the time he got tired at the end of the games. And yes, I'm stereotyping his potential to grow his athleticism and strength.:p

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes you are right he was getting tired at the end of the games. He went from playing 0 minutes to 35+ overnight. Conditioning wise he was never prepared to be a starter because he was never supposed to start. Now that he is the starter I expect that he will use the offseason to get his body conditioned for starter minutes for the season. So going forward that shouldn't be an issue, if it is then we have some problems. Can't stand players who don't handle there business in the offseason. I don't think the Rockets need him to maintain the level of game he did in NY, Morey said as much. Also, I don't even know if should take you seriously in regards to your last sentence, so I won't take you seriously.

10. jman7373

jman7373 Member

LOL. Win he hits the game winner against the Raptors in Toronto, the crowd goes wild

11. onreego

onreego Member

How would you compare his athleticism and strength to Dragic's?

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

that was why I said I did expect him to be a solid starter...

you don't have to; indeed, potential is already a biased term...

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I think it's not necessary, but maybe it is. Some of you should checkout another thread about Lin's potential, and you will see why Morey emphasized his athleticism as the most underrated part.

Actually his athleticism is on similar level of John Wall and Irving.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sorry but any time I hear the fort minor song in a NBA mix I instantly turn it off. Looked like a high quality mix too.

16. onreego

onreego Member

That doesn't really explain how the 2 compare athletically or in strength. Tracy McGrady was quick but rarely started a fast break, does that mean Lin is more athletic? Doubtful.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

This.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

What does this have to do with anything? You are making it sound like Dragic is more athletic than Russ because of this video. Goran isn't more athletic than Russ.

19. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Yep, athleticism is a broad term. I think Lin main problem is his durability. I used Dragic's fast break as example because he always run and is able to maintain at a great speed.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Of course russ is better :). I just wanna say that Dragic is always running the floor.