1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Lady Bashes Borat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yaozer, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I can't post the youtube clip here.. but here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4r-kzFhtM&NR

I was just surfing some Borat stuff when I ran into this. I didn't find it odd that this lady took offense, as I'm sure many others did as well. One thing that stuck out was her comment:

First off, this movie was not made for old people, "prudes," nor up-tight conservatives. If you watch Sasha Cohen's other characters (i.e. Ali G) you would know what kind of jokes to expect. Also, go take your stupid John Stewart comments elsewhere, where someone actually cares.

Way to go and bash 'young' college kids across America. She said Sasha could've picked his own country (GB) to make fun of, but instead chose the US. Well look at her, poking fun at young college kids. I for one AM a college student, 20 years of age, and I don't think her generalizing view of me is justified.

I'm sorry she went to see Borat for FREE at a screening and felt like she wasted her time.. but I went and saw "Nacho Libre" and "Snakes on a Plane" which were much much much more aweful and you don't see me complain.

Btw, glad she got cut off.. :D

your thoughts?

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Can the mod please delete my other thread, where I inadvertently clicked submit before I was done..? Many thanks!

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How did Debbie Downer get a legit interview?

[​IMG]

Edit- HA! Her name really is Debbie, too.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Those Evangelicals deserve to be made fun of. They were speaking in tongues. The rodeo manager deserved to be made fun, because he was derisive of "brown people." The dinner party deserved to be made fun of because they were racist toward blacks. The frat boys deserved to be made fun of because they were biased against women.

Cohen is just showing through satire that all biases are inherently wrong. Greatest comedy of our generation.

5. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

she really does look like her... with blonde hair.

[​IMG]

6. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

Her generalizing view of you is clearly justified, because you seem to have liked the film.

What's wrong with what she said? Most college kids know nothing about film. It's not surprising that they love "Borat", which was a cinematic turd.

I don't have a problem with the Ali G show, the skits are pretty funny. Too bad that it didn't translate onto the big screen.

7. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

The dinner party was racist toward blacks because they didn't want an uninvited prostitue to join their dinner mid-meal?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

She probably would have understood the humor better if she had a larger brain. Stupid women.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also Evangelicals are biased because they speak in tongues.

10. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

11. DrLudicrous

They lived on secession drive. I think it's safe to say they don't like blacks too much.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

We live in America, speak english.

http://www.minutemanproject.com/

13. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

My friend lives on Plumb Street, but I don't see him chowing down hundreds of them a day.

Basically, the movie was horrendous.

If you want to see a brilliant film, go see The Fountain. Then again, if you liked Borat, you probably don't have the necessary brain function to enjoy an Aranofsky feature.

14. Mr. Brightside

deleted, but watch the vid.

#14 Mr. Brightside, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I saw Borat and The Fountain. Your comment implies that Comedy has no intellectual merit and that a live action Buda-Bar CD requires a higher state of brain function. I don't care what deep Metaphysical\Trancedental themes The Fountain presents, the film is no more cerebral than Borat. In fact, themes aside, The Fountain is a mess. A well made mess but a mess non the less.

At least Borat incites a reaction, The Fountain just made me want to get a massage.

16. DrLudicrous

So your friend went and bought a custom street sign named Plumb Street but he doesn't like plumbs? That probably wasn't a very wise decision.

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Borat was offensive to me because...it was a bad movie. I liked some of the clips from his tv show, but when every line is about sticking a fake hand up an individual's anus... it gets old.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Those Jewish deserved to be made fun of, because...oh wait.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Don't say that about something you've never experienced or know much about. Thanks.

20. Mr. Brightside

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7498241687701731240&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>