1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Jeremy Lin videochat with 5 year old fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by underdog7, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jlfans

jlfans Member

I was in the same mood before.

I was in the same mood when the Knicks did not match the offer.(almost cry to see the 5 year kid) Then I'm here. I think many fans like me around the world but not live in NY will become the Rockets fans.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

+1!! I may have to block that guy because this is totally irrelevant to his basketball skills, but on 2nd thought, he has some entertainment value to us.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

"But what about Carmelo, and Amare, and....Tyson Chandler.....and ummmm... all the other guys on the team....(father realizes that those guys are all chumps)...........AND NOVAK, NOVAK IS STILL THERE!"

LMAOOO, Novak is up there with Carmelo and Amare :grin:

4. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Yeah, loved that part, too. LMAO...

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

"Roy Hibbert will surprise a young boy who has unfortunately been diagnosed with leukemia, according to Mike Wells of Indy Star: “Lee Eddins had hoped he would be able to watch his idol, center Roy Hibbert, play in person when the Indiana Pacers visit Sacramento, Calif., for a game against the Kings in late November. But Lee, 12, is not expected to live that long. Diagnosed with stage four leukemia six months ago, Lee has been told he might only have a couple of weeks left to live. So Hibbert has planned a special surprise. Later this week, he is flying to Sacramento to meet Lee. ”Once I heard he had a dying wish, I knew I had to do something more than send him presents and Skype with him on the computer,” Hibbert said.”

A lot of players do great things for there fans as well. Over Christmas Wade took 8 families christmas shopping. LBJ gave a bike to one of his young fans.

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Agreed. I think that athletes should get much more credit for helping out the community. I don't know how many of those cats in Wall Street who've made millions really care about giving back, but in the NBA, it's quite common.

7. liljojo

liljojo Member

Please stop responding to Sigmund, everyone. The ignore function doesn't work when you quote him.

8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Yeah, lots of players do great things for their fans, but I think the media is interested in this kid, not because it's Lin doing something nice for a sick or disadvantaged kid, but that it's funny he's crying and sobbing over Lin's leaving NY.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Not all athletes do help out, but there are a number that do and not all of them are even legit stars. It is almost like 50-50 or 60-40 split between those that do and support actual community services and those that just do what is required by their respective leagues.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

yup I too agree that alot of players cares about their fans. You did a really good job researching the web for the article. But why now? where this thread is about this kid crying over Lin leaving Knicks? This topic is fresh, the media, the public, and the fans will not reamember this moment in a couple of months when the season starts. I do pay attention to your post because you don't favor one for another like I do for all respectful posters, but in this case it does seem like your shifting the topic tho. Nobody on this thread was bashing other NBA players not helping or caring for their fans.

11. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

12. tefunk

tefunk Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRVE__G9_m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your reading to much into it. I just saw this cause on of the people I follow on twitter said that Jeremy and Hibbert are great role models. I tweeted what did Hibbert do and they sent me the link. Posted it here so that others can see. That is all.

14. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Yeah sry , I just saw the last line about " other players too".
    Guess I am reading too much into it.:)

15. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

"your not a stat guy"? why no mention melo? :grin:

16. M4-Nightvision

I bet you, next year Jeremy Lin will eat Mario Charmer alive. Mario Charmer won't be able to guard Jeremy Lin. The Heat will try to double team Jeremy. :grin:

Now about the 5 year old kid. It's cute, the little boy just sitting there all sad looking down at the floor holding the linsanity finger lol..

It is nicee for Jeremy Lin to reach out to the kid ..:grin:

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Please stop quoting sigmud.

18. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

hahahahahahah:grin::grin::grin:

19. M4-Nightvision

This kid will forever connected to Jeremy Lin, so awesome hehehe

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRVE__G9_m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. underdog7

underdog7 Member

Here is Part 1 of Jeremy Lin's video chat with 5 yr old Naim; it was posted a day or two ago. Naim is much less shy here and seems to get "shyer" as the chat progresses. Jeremy tells Naim's father to start training Naim's left hand at an early age!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oY5ExPHHo3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.