1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Anyone watching Hot Ones?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kruze10, Aug 19, 2016.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Loved Chef Ramsey episode

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I enjoy this quite a bit. Sean really does his research & asks very good interview questions. Definitely worth trying out.

#22 Roscoe Arbuckle, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Did a Hot wings challenge with the last dab Apollo sauce last night and gotta say, I was not impressed, by the heat or the flavor. I ended up putting it on everything from more wings to the fries and fried pickles. If that is there final one, I would tear through that lineup.

[​IMG]

CCity Zero and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I got 2 different companies hooked on hot sauces and going to hot sauce festivals. One of my companies endud up having a folding table dedicated to hot sauces. lol. Then I discovered the greatness that is actually using the real peppers in cooking. I still use hot sauces here and there, but the peppers are hotter and better for what I want because they don't completely change the flavor of what you're eating completely. Then most of the hottest sauces have pepper extract in them which is nasty-tasting and/or can rip your stomach up. lol. Of course if you're looking to change the flavor, then no problem. I always found most hot sauces to be too salty or too vinegary and end up changing the flavor of the food too much. The only place I don't mind that for some reason is on wings/fried chicken.

daywalker02 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was Brad Pitt ever on? Or Leo for that matter.

Couldn't find his episode, probably has yet to do it.

Just going to watch him eat it up.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What would you compare the Apollo one to as far as the heat? I saw some insane rating they're stating, but I have seen other people say it's not as hot as advertised.

As for flavor, was there one that you liked?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just watched that Netflix documentary on weird contests and the Ed Currie hot pepper eating championship is absolutely diabolical. The starter peppers are all cross bred with Carolina Reapers -- I don't understand how you can live through that -- of course the eventual champ is eating them like popcorn.

8. donkeypunch

I dont know. Its definitely over a million scoville but not that 2-3 mil they claim. It was too much vinegar for my taste. You can tell the Apollo had fermented peppers, pretty similar to the Mad Dog 357, but I think the MD 357 does the fermenting of the peppers a lot better.

I didnt have all of them but the best flavored one that still had heat, was that black bottle, but we got the black garlic one. That one was good with still 1 mil scovilles.

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

Da bomb really tastes like ****

CCity Zero likes this.