1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your top 10 NBA players THIS season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

That's b/c Dirk came into the season out of shape, and sucked through the first 2 months of the season, and now is picking it up since the all-star break. You should be blaming Dirk, and hence he's no where near the top 4 players of the league.

Add to the fact that he doesn't do anything else nowadays besides score the ball.

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

OP's clear agenda is after Kobe. McGrady couldnt hack it, so you move to another perennial loser in Lebron.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bosh over Wade. Miami was better without him.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I should be blaming him for having similar records to teams with a lot more talent? Okay. :confused:

5. t_mac1

Yea, Dallas' roster is very well-balanced, and they have a top 2-3 coach in this league. Their talent is the same as last year's championship team, with BETTER defense (not Dirk's doing); they should be higher than where they are at if Dirk has been playing like March's Dirk all year. You should blame him for coming into the season out of shape, and not playing at a high level.

You should commend Carlisle for being able to have Dallas where they are at right now, not Dirk.

Again, it's ludicrous you have Dirk as a top 4 player. In the first month of the season, the dude put up 15 points and 6 boards, had to sit out 3 games to get himself in shape, and the team played BETTER.

If Dirk had been playing like he has the past month, then you have a case. But still, PFs who average 6 rebounds a game have no business being in the discussion for top 5 player status. He's worse than Chris Bosh in that department, which is a disgrace.

So make a case why he is a top 5 player THIS year, over the guys I mentioned.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

1. LBJ
    2. KD
    3. Love
    4. Kobe
    5. Parker
    6. Rose
    7. CP3
    8. Howard
    9. Westbrook
    10. Williams

--
    11. Mcgee

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes, Dallas has the same talent as last year, minus Chandler, Barea, and all their vets that didn't leave being a year older. Only in OP's world, I guess. Not sure why I bothered.

8. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I couldn't agree with yours more OP

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

That's what he does. Lol.

1. LeBron
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Parker
    4. Rose
    5. Wade
    6. Love
    7. CP3
    8. Howard
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Westbrook

10. t_mac1

Dirk LAST year:
    23 points, on 52%fg, and 40% 3s.

Dirk THIS year:
    21 points, on 45%fg, and 35% 3s.

Team defense THIS year: 93.1ppg, 43%fg,
    Team defense LAST year: 96ppg, 45%fg

Team offense THIS year: 100.2ppg, on 47%fg
    Team offense LAST year: 94.9ppg, on 43%fg

So Chandler was the main player lost. He hasn't hurt them b/c their defense has gotten BETTER.

So now you look at Barea. If you think his loss is the main reason for their problems on offense, then I'm sure you haven't watched a lick of basketball this year.

Dirk's offensive production is down this year. And thus his team's offensive production is down.

11. CertifiedTroll

Bringing facts to an argument is a cheap way of winning.. but I concede :cool:

12. letu

letu Member

me;):grin:

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. Lebron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Kobe Bryant
    4. Dwight Howard
    5. Kevin Love
    6. Chris Paul
    7. Dwyane Wade
    8. Russell Westbrook
    9. Derrick Rose
    10. (toss-up between) LaMarcus Aldridge, Andrew Bynum, Tony Parker, and Deron Williams