1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Lowest BBS Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Amongst the MANY low moments I’ve experienced on this bbs, I think the absolute lowest was when I started a thread asking how to download a soundcard. Man, did I get bent over for that one….with no lubrication either….

There was another one when I stupidly started a thread that revealed too much personal information about a person very high up in a certain Houston sports organization. It got back to that person and I almost lost my job. But Jeff and Clutch were nice enough to delete the thread before anything became of it, so I guess that one doesn’t count.

So what was your lowest moment on this bbs?

PS. mazyar, there’s really no need for you to answer this question…..

2. Fatty FatBastard

Finding out that my girl could figure out the "search poster" feature.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I got into a drunk argument with RM95.....fortunatly I went back and deleted all the stuff...

DD

4. mazyar

mazyar Member

EDIT: Ummm, nevermind!

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

hahaha, yeah just dont say anything. :eek:

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I had an ugly fight with Tara on here. Thankfully, Clutch or one of the mod team deleted the thread on my request.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I once made a reply, but the browser didn't do anything, so I hit reply again and ended up with two posts that said the same thing! I was so embarrassed.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Not too big a deal but I posted on here about Bobby Sura coming to our office with this blond chick. My boss' boss found out about the post and they tracked it down to me via the birthday listed in my profile. Told me I was lucky that the blond chick was indeed his gf at the time but I could have gotten people into trouble. Gave me a warning.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I defended David Carr in the Summer of 2006 against a tidal wave of criticism.

The saving grace of that BBS embarrassment was the fact that the guy my BBS counterparts wanted to draft turned out to be an even bigger bust.

10. Fatty FatBastard

I've always been curious how this happens when it takes 30 seconds before you can post again. Was it dial-up?

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

My lowest point was starting a thread one late night a few years ago comparing the Yao/TMac duo to the Matrix). WTF was I thinking? I have no idea. :confused:

2nd lowest is the fact I posted my "TMac Second Round Virgin" pic without some sort of watermark or name on it not thinking it would get much further on the net that this BBS. Man, was I wrong! :mad:

12. TheBigAristotle

Well, none so far. Give it time, give it time :).

13. TheBigAristotle

and for the OP

who knows, you were just ahead of your time. one day we'll surely be able to purchase them online and atomize them over the internets. al gore is working hard on this as we speak.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

not having search/edit feature and sending Clutch a desperate "why do you ignore me e-mail"

It gives me a great feeling every time I donate to the tipjar knowing that I contribute to this site.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Well, it's one of two things...

Either the time (two or three weeks ago) that I got demoted to rookie, or the time I posted something that I'm unaware of that got me demoted to rookie.

Tough call as to which was worse.
    :eek:

16. TheBigAristotle

it does for me too. but i like to see a "contributing member" status when i do and not inactivity for the last week + lol.

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Lowest BBS moment? Being a n00b. :D

18. droxford

droxford Member

Being banned for complaining about advertisements on the bbs.

I was grumpy and shouldn't have posted it.

I eventually got my droxford account back, but still can't search or edit.

19. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I couldn't really pick anything as I've never said/done anything terribly stupid on here. Being that I joined this site when I was 16, though, I'm sure most of my early posts were pretty worthless.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It would be hard to chose, I've said way too many stupid, ignorant things over the years. I did join this board when I was 15, so I guess I had somewhat of an excuse for a while.

My lowest point might have been right now when I just calculated that I have way more posts on this message board than days lived on Earth. :(