1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your girlfriend's guy friends...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arjun, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am going guess we will soon have a my GF left me thread by the OP. Seems like the most common thing on here.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

It all fun and games until somebody ends up dead!:grin:

3. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Ding..Ding..Ding!!! We have a winner.......

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, a lot of you are really insecure (including OP especially). Are you guys all in high school? My girlfriend not only has a bunch of guy friends, all of her roommates are guys (LDR). Have I ever felt threatened for even one second? Nope. I even find it entertaining/funny when one of her friends tries to hit on her. If your girlfriend is even remotely interested in cheating on you, you're doing it wrong.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I'm in a relationship I stop hanging out with any girls I'm friends with. I might talk to them occasionally, invite them to a party or group outing etc, but I stop hanging out with them. Reason is many of them at one time either they or me had attraction to each other. I don't want to get in trouble.

I always want the same respect from the girl I'm dating. Maybe that's messed up of me, but it is how I feel.

Only real exception are my beer friends girls who have been with them for years, I honestly look at them like guy friends now. But that only applies to 2 of my friends.

6. SC1211

Supporting Member

Does your girlfriend get exceptions like you do?

7. MystikArkitect

Let this broad go. It's fairly obvious she likes the attention, and behavior such as this will only get worse. Had a girl like this before that I thought I could fix with jealousy and being more controlling. Just makes them want it more and then they turn to lying and doing it behind your back.

Boy were my eyes opened when I met my wife and saw how differently she handled these situations versus other girl.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Best friends girls not beer*

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is this OP?
    [​IMG]

is this one of his girls friends?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

My last girlfriend did expect me to not go hang out with other girls. And I understood because I felt the same way. We dated over 2 years and I broke up with her after college because when I moved back, that's exactly what I wanted to do.

I know my motives, and I assume most guys with testicles are the same way.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think imadrummer called it when he talked about age.

There's two parts to that, though. It's not just an immature insecurity thing -- it's also the fact that, yes, in fact, people are more promiscuous in their teens and twenties.

If anyone cares, my advice to the OP would be to not get so riled up about relationships while you're so young.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yes. I agree.

13. arjun

arjun Member

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

There are reasons why wolves stalk the young/weak, they are easy prey!
    There are also reasons why guys hover around drunk girls, they are easy prey!
    I'm not saying she's already slept with one of the guys but it's just a matter of
    time before willpower goes out the window!

The lying about being with her male friends is a huge clue as to how she views
    her relationship with arjun.

15. SC1211

Supporting Member

I don't think it's just an age thing though. To an extent it is, I feel like in high school when you're first exploring relationships, jealousy is a natural reaction. But I definitely think once you reach a certain age it becomes about security and trust. I'm about the same age as OP and I've rarely, if ever felt jealous. If you are dating the right girl, and are satisfying her emotionally and physically, what do you have to worry about? If my SO got jealous every time I hung out with my women friends, I'd find it petty and immature. It would be a significant turn off. Women probably feel the same.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

That you met at the bus stop?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It depends on the guys. You can just tell. But you also have to do your part by trusting her: if she is committed to you, then she will swat away the flies.

The fist time it came up, I pinpointed one guy. Not 2 or 3. I don't believe all guys are that way. I simply said to her: guys are going to try to get in your pants. I trust you so I don't worry about what you would do, but remember what I'm saying to you: Mr XYZ will hit on you in my absence, although at present you believe him to be a nice guy with no intentions. Sure enough, 2 weeks later, he asked her out clubbing while I was out of town. At this point, she realized that douchebags tend to act the nicest and niceness is no way to pinpoint a douchebag.

This comes up again. I pinpoint another guy out of her friend's friends who is not cool to me. This time 3 days later, he sends her a message telling her she looks good in her jeans. At this point, she completely understood where I was coming from. There is nothing wrong with being friends with the opposite sex but you got to keep your eyes and ears open. Some people just don't seem right, and it's typically the people who are trying very hard to be someone they're not.

Generally guys are better at recognizing douchey guys, and girls are better at recognizing douchey girls. On exception, some people are good at both, some good at none, and some good at the opposite.

If you can't trust your girl to have guy friends, you have a problem. If your girl insists on having guy friends with her guard down and an inability+unwillingness to pinpoint douchebag guys, then maybe it's just not the right relationship for you. Some guys are cool with that. I take on the responsibility of pinpointing "homewrecker" type girls from the start, so I expect her to do the same. In case defenses fail, we can always tell whoever it is to F off, and no harm done.

Now if your girl is lying and hiding and returning some flirtiness, then why are you even bothering with her? She wants to live her life differently than you want to live yours, so you best go your separate ways. Don't try to force people to be something they don't want to be.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if you're too insecure to allow your girlfriend to have male friends then something is wrong with the relationship.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hate those noisy ****ing old b****es that have nothing better else to do than get in my business. They try to live their lives thru you. so i Go out for a quick walk with the registration girl to my dept :p noisy b**** asking her 1,000 questions. Telling her she needs to watch out, are we dating?......

I knew **** was gonna go down, that's why I came back with coffee in one hand and the other the newspaper.