1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a finger print scanner. My thump does to Clutchfans my middle finger goes to facebook, my palm goes to handjerkerhelper

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Alt-S (send)
    Alt-F4 (close)

Very handy in outlook.

In w7, alt-windows key gives a fancier version of alt-tab.

#42 rhadamanthus, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

I will have to agree with this guy. Best shorcut ever. use it about 20 million times while surfing the web each day.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FAILt.

[​IMG]

Yeah, no, sir. It's WindowsKey+Tab.

The Alt-Windows shortcut does nothing. " :cool: The goggles, they do nothing."

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Starcraft making drones.

When approaching 50 minerals: rapidly press s, d, s, d, s, d alternating

For zergling rush.

Press s, z, s, z, s, z

6. smokieethabear

Windows + M .. incase u got p*rn up and need to hide it quickly!!

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Win+Pause = Device Manager.

Not really too useful these days though.

Also, I can't believe many people don't know that you middle click a link to open in a new tab. I guess I should also point out that you can scroll by sliding your finger down the edge of your touch pad (or sliding with two fingers on many newer laptops).

OK...one that's probably not too obvious: Ctrl+W closes the current browser tab, or current open document.

For typing/document editing: Ctrl+left/right to move cursor one word instead of one letter at a time; Ctrl+Backspace to delete a whole word instead of one letter; hold down shift+any cursor move operation to highlight; Ctrl+Home to move to the first cell in the current spreadsheet.

One more for the road: Did you know you can highlight vertical blocks of text in Microsoft Word? Just hold down the Alt key while dragging and you can select any rectangular block of text, regardless of how the text actually flows. Cut/Copy/Paste to your heart's content.