1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Draft Sleepers

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Coherent, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Coherent

Coherent Member

Who do you think are the biggest sleepers in this years draft?

Centers

A.J Ogilvy, Vanderbilt
    Miroslav Raduljica, Serbia

Forwards

Larry Sanders, VCU
    Tim Ohlbrecht, Germany
    Nemanja Bjelica, Serbia
    Vladamir Dasic, Montenegro

Guards

Elliot Williams, Memphis
    Manny Harris, Michigan
    Andy Rautins, Syracuse
    Mikhail Torrance, Alabama
    Nic Wise, Arizona, 5-10, Sr.

Manny Harris
    is slept on incredibly. If you look at all the great guards, they are guys who are good ball handlers with near perfect mid range games. Manny can take over games, pass off the dribble and find open teamates, can take you off the dribble or spot up. He should be a late first round prospect, but people are sleeping hard.

Nemanja Bjelica
    is a 6'10" guy with point guard vision, and even though he isn't a incredible athlete, he is a very skilled player, good shooter, decision maker and works hard on both ends. Another guy who could be a first rounder, but is being slept on.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Willie Warren, Jordan Crawford, James Anderson, Devin Ebanks, Terrico White, Varnado, Shved (though he probably will opt out), Latavious Williams, Lance Stephenson, Vasquez and Randle.

All of these guys I would love to see the Rockets pick up. Most of which are projected to be 2nd rounders.
    This draft will be FULL of Morey gems in the 2nd, and I wouldn't be surprised if he bought/traded to acquire a couple.

I can see him being interested in White, Williams and Varnado.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

^^^^

Vasquez and Randle are my sleepers.

Randle is like an Aaron Brooks clone with a deadlier shot.

Vasquez reminds me on Manu a lot. He's not as Athletic as Manu but he's a great play maker and leader like him.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Larry Sanders, Larry Sanders, Larry Sanders, Larry Sanders,Larry Sanders...

He will be the best BIG not drafted in the top 5. He has more upside is more athletic with the same measurements as Cousins. he is a late late bloomer and hasn't had the coaching anywhere near the others. He will be the surprise of the draft. Everyone talk about Whiteside's reach but Sanders is just a little shorter and runs the court like a gazelle.

And this guy is a joy to be around. He has no ego and loves the game that he is still learning. he was a 6'2" sophomore in High school and now he has a standing reach of 9'5". This kid needs some good coaching but mark my words he will be a player in this league. I will take him at 14 all day long. Yes over Udoh, Whiteside, Orton, Patterson. Aldrich I don't know. Aldrich will contribute next year immediately. he will help some team right away. But I still believe sanders will be the better player with time. Both will fit in our locker room with out any problems. Unlike a Cousins or maybe an Orton.

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think that Damion James will surprise people. He reminds me of Shawn Marion.

He's very aggressive, energetic, and tough around the basket. He has an NBA body with great length. He runs the court well and is a reasonably good shooter.

I would love to see him come off the bench with Lowry, Hill, and Taylor.

6. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I'll guess Craig Brackins. Averaged 20.2 on 50.7% and 9.5 rebs his soph season and was projected as a lottery pick. Last year numbers dropped to 16.5 on 44.6% and 8.5 rebs. You can tell by comparing his soph and junior numbers he gave the ball up more last year because he had less shots and more assists. Defenses were probably focusing more on him. He shoots an ok % from threes too but he shouldn't rely on that too much. He seems like the type of guy Morey would like with a somewhat early second round pick.

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

Craig Brackins.

8. anchel

anchel Member

plusone

9. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Omar Samhan could have a career in the NBA.

10. stab

stab Member

Dominique Jones is my sleeper of this draft.

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

idk if hes a sleeper or not but IMO, as a point guard, I believe Eric Bledsoe will be.. I really think we should draft and groom him and get a big via FA or trade

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

eh idk man hes more powerful and has good leaping ability but not as much as the Matrix as a rookie comin in.. hes a bit of a tweener and is more like Landry IMO

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I really like Brackins athleticism(35inch vertical), in combination with his all-around skill...

--RB

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way that guy goes in the second round. He's too skilled. Some team is going to smell the coffe in the mid to late 1st round.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree with these. Good picks.

16. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Here's another --> Art Parakhouski.

He's like Cole Aldrich, but has a better outside shot from what I have been hearing.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

With the stuff I have seen, I would say I think Avery Bradley will be a good player in the league. I can also see Andy Rautins being a solid player.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If he stays in the draft, Ryan Richards is an extremely intriguing prospect. As the second youngest player in the draft and posseses a very intruiging skill set. His not on many mock drafts, and if he decides to stay(which it seems he might), he'll probably be a second rounder.

Ryan Richards PF/C | Height 7'0 | Age 19 yrs old (Int.)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiANnojm34I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiANnojm34I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

--RB

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a pretty decent player but he looks very slow.

20. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Between Art, Greg Monroe, Cole Aldrich, and D. Cousins, Art had the fastest 3/4 court sprint according to DraftExpress; and his Lane Agility was better than Greg Monroe's.

I wonder if he has worked out for the Rockets yet... He might be a good pickup. We need a backup for Yao and I'm not that excited about the Shaq rumors I've been hearing.