1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Current Favorite .99 Cent Fast-Food Choice(s)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Mar 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jack in the Box already killed my favorite short-lived .99 item: The Chillicheese burger. I used to get that, a large mozarella stix (also gone), and a small taquitos and feast. Jack really screwed up by breaking up that killer trio of awesomeness, and why? For this stupid bistro burger? Who's running that place?

2. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Jack?

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You can't beat the .99 cent Arby Melt.

I also love the Jack in the Box tacos, but I can only eat there about once a year. I always think i'm going to have a heart attack after eating those.

4. mduke

mduke Member

Bean burritos at Taco Bueno...I think they're .89

5. itzIce

itzIce Member

Damnnn.....I miss the .99 cent Whopper :( all we have here in Houston is the .99 cent Whopper friggin Junior! :mad:

itzIce

6. fatman510

fatman510 Member

How much to Egg McMuffins cost? Mmmm 3 egg mcmuffins and 3 apple pies and some coffee is great for breakfast from McDs. Other than breakfast, McDonalds sucks.
    In-N-Out is the best fast food I have ever had by far. Double Double mmmmmmmmm so good. Too bad its pretty expensive (compared to other fast food joints)...$3.49 I think.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

8. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

The 2 for .99 tacos at Sonic.

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Those are actually good? I never tried them. I get the tacos from Jack in the Box though.

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

After reading 2 or 3 food threads on this board you have to wonder how anyone that visits here is still alive. I seem to remember a "what do you get at" thread not to long ago where someone posted that they ordered more than $10 of food at Taco Bell.:eek: That was one person! I can feed my whole family of five there for $20.

12. droxford

droxford Member

I'm kinda afraid to eat at Jack in the Box. Their 'paddies' aren't made from all beef.

Now this isn't a very logical argument, being that I eat hot dogs and other fast food (I'm use BK and McD's aren't really all beef).

For some reason, I'm just afraid of the 'meat' at Jack's

-- droxford

13. droxford

droxford Member

edit: I'm sure BK and McD's aren't.....

14. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Wendy's chilli.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Jack in the Crack: 2 Tacos & Jumbo Jack

McD's: Dbl. Cheeseburger and Fries (Thanks for the big mac tip)...

Wendy's: Chicken Nuggets & the Frosty...yum...

Taco Bell: I can't just eat one, but I love their Soft Tacos and Bean Burritos...I'm so cheap, I add the Sour Cream at home...

All of the above i can just dream of as I gave up fast food for lent...Can't wait until Easter because I'm going to Jack in the Box and ordering an Ultimate Cheeseburger, Curly Fries and an Oreo Milkshake...yum...

16. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Funny that you should bring this subject up.

I am a manager for a Jack-in-the-Box in the local Houston area and would be happy to answer any questions about Jack-in-the-Crack.

The reason we got rid of the chilli cheeseburgers and chillie chesse fries is because of the chili it doesnt have a good shelf life and not all stores had been selling them well. So product was going bad raising food costs which is a BIGGY in the store budget. It pertains to how big of a raise you can get.

Jack has also been trying to get away from the .99$ menu for a good minute. Things like the taquitos, cheese stix, and chilli items are being tossed for more expensive items like Ultimate Salads, Ultimate Club sandwiches, and our NEW Pannido sandwich.

Jack was one of the originators of the value menu and everyone started going value menu crazy which really wasnt good for business. Places like McDees and BK tried to follow suit only to lose money.

Jack is also trying to go into the female wallet by going for more healthy hearty items. Jack's average customer is 18-45 male.

Also I used to work for a Whataburger, and have friends that have worked at both McDees, BK, and Wendys. Jack's meat it 100% pure ground beef. Its made into patties and then frozen.

I can tell you what i like off of the Value menu.

.99 Chicken Monster Taco w/ Buttermilk Ranch
    .99 Breakfast Jack sub sausage w/ salsa not hot sauce
    .99 Kids Cheeseburge(i still like em)
    1.99 Bacon & Cheddar Potato Wedges
    .99 Chicken sandwich

17. outlaw

outlaw Member

anyone try this yet? any good?

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I've been giving out samples of them lately and i have had a few so far also and i can tell you its pretty good but pricey at a whopping 4.75 a sandwhich its no bargain. On the other hand, it also a foot long. There are 3 different pannindos(Pa-nEE-Dough)

Deli Trio- Caomes with salami, black forest ham, turkey, and a long pickle spear with a Zesty Italian Sauce

Zesty Turkey- Comes with turkey and provolone cheese with a Sundried tomatoe sauce

Ham & Turkey- Comes with ham and turkey with REAL swiss cheese and Buttermilk ranck sauce.

You can substitute any sauce on them but no additions or subtractions of anything else.

19. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I don't know...over here we only have a plain ole McChicken that's the size of a Double Cheeseburger. It's got shredded lettuce and some mayo, but it's definately not on par with the Cajun McChicken.

20. Fatty FatBastard

I tried it. It sucked. Of course I also think Subway sucks. Too damn expensive for a fast food restaurant.