1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young Rose Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Jan 4, 2006.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I got ya. It is a slight concern for me as well. But, in terms of last night, I think it was more a good defense set out to stop him and allowing White to have a good game and USC continued to go with what was there. I just don't think USC utilized Bush enough IMO.

I mean, most scouts believe he is the real deal and can handle the carries in the NFL, otherwise he wouldn't have been the projected #1 pick for as long as he has been.

Man, how do things change so quickly. A week ago, EVERYONE wanted the Texans to lose so they could draft Bush. Now, after one game, I think most of the same people would complain and curse Texans' management if they still took him over Young.

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Interesting. I wonder if Capers said... Yeah... I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not sure if last night was the real Reggie. If it was, I want no part of him. He looked like he was playing to avoid being McGahee.

Also, VY looks like a stud. He is a great leader and his passing looked sharp. He looks like a qb who could thrive in a West Coast type quick passing offense.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Potentially even more reason to trade him, draft Young. Carr will be entering his 5th year. Assuming he has been coached improperly, another 2 years to be taught correctly, and to get the team up to speed somewhat. With the amount he's been sacked already. QB's don't last 17 years like some lineman.

No doubt Casserly is still on Carr's boat...he freaking drafted him. It's McNair's team...it will have to be his call on Young.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Casserly will get MAJOR pressure to take the home town kid.

Just think of Rudy...he would still be coaching if he drafted Rashard.

Vince Young will be a much better pro player than Reggie Bush....MUCH BETTER !

DD

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its a whole lot more pressure than the Lewis draft. the rockets were still good, the texans are bad, this is football, and Vince is coming off a National Championship, not out of Elsik.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think there will be lots of pressure to take Vince over Bush. If there was no Bush, then yes that would be the case.

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Then Bob McNair better not have Casserly drafting players if V. Young comes out.

In fact, if that statement is true Bob McNair needs to go ahead and fire Casserly right after he let's a certain player he can't name understand that that player will be the Texan's #1 pick if he comes out this draft- and it is not someone from California.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

If Bush wasn't in this draft, we most likely would have traded down for extra picks.

10. Summer Song Giver

I think you are wrong, it will be a PR disaster if the Texans don't draft VY. Everyone I have talked to wants VY. Regiie has become a complete after thought.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be happy with a single 4th round pick. I don't think there is any way we get a first day pick for him.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

After one game, that is just ridiculous. Everyone I talked to before this game wanted Bush. People at Texans games would be chearing Reggie Bush's name. People will be happy with either pick, I hardly doubt people will be mad at taking a guy the caliber of Bush.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it really depends on what happens in their careers. you also have to remember who the rockets took and how they turned out

14. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

The #1 selection of the 1st round for the Houston Texans ........(drumbroll please) are fans that will go to games and watch them on TV!

(Sigh of relief for Bush, his knees get to last more than 1 season)

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i got that feeling 2, and he was wearing some new shoes that kept flopping out. thats a high risk for injury wearing crappy shoes that cant stay on.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Hmmm.

84 NBA Draft. Rockets select hometown hero Akeem Olajuwon over a an young exciting player out of North Carolina.

Okay Im going overboard. But I'm just saying I dont think we can go wrong with either of these guys.

Now I know I'm dreaming but would New Orleans entertain an Dave Carr, Andre Johnson and a future 1st and 2nd rounder for the 2nd overall pick?

The Dominck Davis/Carr package is no where enough. This might be to much. But if Casserly can find away to get both Vince and Bush than I'd forgive him for all his mistakes.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

the Texans can't trade Carr unless they give him his 8million dollar option which they haven't done yet. They have to give him the option at the end of the season which is the superbowl.

It'd be crazy to give him 8mil then trade him for a second round pick.

I'd take VY if he came out but I still have the feeling he's going back to UT... and when he does I'd take Bush.

I have the same concerns about Bush that MadMax has but what are you to do?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

my thing is this
    wHO PUTS HOUSTON *SSES IN SEAT MORE
    the houston boy done good . ..
    or reggie bush

This is Rashard Lewis all over again

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

lol
    Think about that Rocket Draft . . hhmmm who did we get instead of Rashard again ?

Rocket River

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The more disturbing thing, to me at least, is that Casserly thought David Carr wasn't being taught properly, but did nothing about it. That's when you hire someone who knows what they are doing - hey, maybe a quarterbacks coach that teaches quarterbacks properly, then :rolleyes: