1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young Rose Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Jan 4, 2006.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Okay, what's the verdict now about Reggie Bush as a future Texan? Looked kind of mediocre to me-- third best offensive player on the field. Just one game, of course.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Young = the best player in the game, season and the NFL in 4 years

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

the texans need to draft VY

4. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

Screw Bush take Young!

Take Vince Young!

We haven't given David Carr the $8 million yet right?

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i agree

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

No way the Texans draft Young. He's a brilliant talent, but he isn't going to come in and take the league by storm. He still struggles reading complex pass defenses. He's an amazing talent though.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'd still go with #5.

Everybody is so certain that Vince is coming back. But I'd have to think if Vince hears whispers that his hometown would pick him #1, you'd think he'd tempted to leave.

Theres no real reason for Vince to come back. He can't beat what he did tonight.

I'd be happy with Vince or Reggie. Either or we got something special

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Hehe...I knew this was coming.

Personally I think we couldn't have picked a better year to get the first pick. There are really 3 guys that would ordinarily be no-brainer #1 picks in this draft (If Vince comes out early).

I don't think we can go wrong with either one...but I'm starting to really believe all these people that keep saying Vince has "it". I've hated on Mike Vick for a while because he is not a good passer and focuses on running too much, but Young is a smart guy when it comes to football. He knows when to do what.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

First in before the motherload hits the fan. ;)
    EDIT: Dang, diehardrocket, not anymore.

Yeah, I saw the light. Take YOUNG. :D

1. Houston Native.
    2-100. He's good.

Did you catch the "We'll be where ever... we... uhhh... GO" from VY ? :D Classic "i-already-made-up-my-mind-so-I-won't-tell-you" answer.

10. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

I think it would be a huge publicity mistake if they don't take him and he does not go back to Texas.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He way outplayed Bush tonight.

12. today

today Contributing Member

This was my first game to watch Bush, and I wasn't all that impressed. Every time he got a carry, he bounced it outside. Does he ever run between the tackles or follow blockers? He definitely didn't do anything to increase the value of our #1 pick. Hopefully at the combine he'll put up some gaudy numbers.

On the other hand, if Vince Young comes out, then our #1 pick will skyrocket in value since the Saints would obviously take Vince Young with the #2 pick.

This draft ought to be interesting.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah.. Matt came back and got to cry on national TV..

14. today

today Contributing Member

Have we already picked up the option on David Carr? I thought I remember that we did, can someone confirm?

If we haven't, I'd love to get Vince Young. Boy is he strong and can break tackles. As Jeff said, I'm sure he'll have a ways to go in regard to reading defenses, but I'd take a special QB over a special RB anyday.

15. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

He didn't look mediocre to me. When he got a smidgen of daylight he was electric. The problem was UT had a couple of guys keyed on him all the time. Their whole defense was predicated on stopping Bush. USC had enough other players to pick up the slack though. They made hamburger out of UT's defense in the 2nd half except for the last drive.

Bush was awesome with the very little daylight he had. On the college level, VY is better than Bush. Period! After this game there isn't much argument. On the next level? I would still take Bush over VY. I'm very confident Bush will excel and be a great player. If VY learns to read NFL defenses and his niftiness translates at the next level, he will make NFL history. But NFL defenders are bigger, faster and hit a lot harder than college boys.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Young was totally awesome.

Remember this, Bush had 80 yards rushing and 94 yards receiving and he had an off game.

I have a dream.

Young-QB
    Bush-TB

in the same backfield. Can you imagine?

17. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

That would be just awesome!
    Woke up!
    :)
    Hook'em!

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Bingo.

19. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

Lee Corso just said it on gameday.

the Texans should take VY and trade away David Carr.

Too sweet!

How many picks do you think we could get for Carr. You think New Orleans would take Carr for the second pick and we could take Bush and Young?

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

And just how do we get the top 2 picks of the draft, Mr. Martin Luther Jopa?? :confused:

;)