1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young Mitt Romney Apparently Liked to "Play Policeman"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major Malcontent, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/07/classmates-mitt-romney-im_n_1575680.html

Isn't impersonating a policeman a felony. But of course, no way this is as bad as MAYBE making a joke that one MIGHT have had non-missionary relations with ones WIFE.

Hey, Mitt, there is this dude named George Zimmerman who likes to pretend to be a cop too, maybe you two should form a clubhouse together!

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has long contended that he's a good-humored practical jokester who is only misunderstood as stiff and over-programmed.

As a high school student, Romney's mischievous disposition was frequently on display. Classmates told the Washington Post in a piece published last month that this sometimes led him into unpleasant territory, such as the time he and a group of friends pinned down a screaming boy -- who was presumed to be gay -- and gave him a "hack job" haircut with a pair of scissors.

In another questionable display of his inner prankster, it now appears that Romney was also reportedly fascinated with police uniforms, which he sometimes put on to carry out elaborate practical jokes.

According to a report from National Memo, Romney was open about this practice, telling fellow students at Stanford University, where he studied for two years, that he "sometimes disguised himself as a police officer."

According to classmate Robin Madden, Romney once brought a group of classmates up to his dorm room where he showed them his Michigan State Trooper’s uniform.

From the National Memo report:

Said Madden in a recent interview, “He told us that he had gotten the uniform from his father,” George Romney, then the Governor of Michigan, whose security detail was staffed by uniformed troopers. “He told us that he was using it to pull over drivers on the road. He also had a red flashing light that he would attach to the top of his white Rambler.”

In Madden’s recollection, confirmed by his wife Susan, who also attended Stanford during those years, “we thought it was all pretty weird. We all thought, ‘Wow, that’s pretty creepy.’ And after that, we didn’t have much interaction with him,” although both Madden and Romney were prep school boys living in the same dorm, called Rinconada.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barack Hussein Kardashian was born in Kenya, summered with a domestic terrorist, and tells blowjob jokes about his wife....for money.

3. Major Malcontent

Basso writes inane blather about ANYTHING he can glean off of his conservasites, on a daily basis, for money.

Yeah I posted HuffPo crap, but at least I did it for free.

4. Major Malcontent

Do even you really believe he was born in Kenya?

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you were played, real good, for free?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mitt is just a weirdo. That is insane. Of course it's misdemeanor to do it once and a felony if he did it more than once, so he may have been a criminal as well. Either way it's just bizarre.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What's depressing about this story is that it pretty much validates oppo research. I'm sure he saw it as some kind of blue-collar escapism, but from where I stand this is Ted Bundy ****.

8. hairyme

hairyme Member

Meh. Come on, this is a non-story. Most people do dumb stuff/pranks in college.

Let's not engage in the whole fixating-on-some-insignificant-detail-in-someone's-past-and-judging-their-character thing like our D&D trolls... if for no other reason, just to avoid long dashed phrases.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I respect batman, mcmark, and other "liberal" posters here.

On one hand you have bigtexx, basso, and co accusing Obama of making a blowjob joke about his wife and they are eating it up. But you don't see the liberal posters sticking to this thread like flies to s&#*

That's shows the difference quite starkly.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

IMO, stories like this about Mitt Romney 50 years ago show how desperate liberals are to distract the American people from focusing on the real issues such as the job crisis, the debt crisis, government corruption from Fast & Furious to the GSA, White House leaks, etc.

Why is there no similar media zeal to explore Obama's childhood and weird associates from bombers to embezzlers to marxists?

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yep, no one has ever said anything about those things. :rolleyes:

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I guess I missed where this was breaking news on CNN and MSNBC? :rolleyes:

Many more people have talked about where our President was born than Mitt playing 5.0 in his younger years.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The first black president was the most vetted in American history (the Clintons saw to that).

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where have you been? There were weeks of news stories about Obama's pastor, him as a community organizer, where he was born, what religion he was as a child, if he ever went to a Muslim school, his associating with Bill Ayers etc.

There was way more about all of that with Obama than Mitt's bullying and strange police fetish combined. It isn't even close.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Village People kind of policeman?

Or "I beat up minorities for kicks" policeman?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The stories from his college days are a little unsettling. But, it's obviously a hit job, so I can't really put much stock in the integrity of the reporters. So, maybe there's some truth to it, but I'm going to discount it anyway. I already knew who I was voting for a long time ago, so it doesn't really matter.

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

20. hairyme

hairyme Member

^^ DO NOT FEED.