1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know you have to read this one

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roydelton, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Hey sheep dip,

Rumor has it that the Bull's are going to change their name to the Tanker's. The uniforms are going to have a picture of the Titanic on them & they're going to wear a patch on their uniforms of your girlfriends (sheep) in your honor. [​IMG]

------------------

2. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

the sheeps mustve be a little slow in the sack last night cuz roy posted it at 4:53AM.

------------------
    --TEX

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    RoyDElton - I think this SHEEP FU#KER has lost his freakin mind! All that SHEEP FU#KING cant be really healthy for your brain!

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Tex,

In case you hadn't read before roydelton is from Macedonia. (I assumed you didn't know cause of the time reference, which is different there) Reason I bring this up is it's funny because he comes here talking all of his stuff, and he never even watches the Rockets play a game! NEVER! If there's ever a stat/scouting report obsessed person, it's Roydelton.

------------------
    Since Bush says thatwe must put politics behind us and work together to make the promise of America available for every one of our citizens, wouldn't part of that promise of America be having your vote counted???

President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i really didnt want to open this thread. but i saw it was started by roydelton, so i assumed it was some stupid post about some bulls guy that is so far outplaying our players and that our posters would just have to come and explain it.

its not about a bulls player outplaying any rockets, because none of them are so now instead of comparing the two teams, he just tears the rockets down.

6. TeXaSalsa

sheeps by day sheeps by night it dont matter hahahaha

half the macedonia team might make the bulls starting 5.

------------------
    --TEX

7. Digaida

Digaida Member

Well Clutch, seems I must correct you on one point....they are 3-20...lol [​IMG] , they lost to Atlanta of all teams. Man that stud Crawford went 0-4, what a game for that young man. hehe and our crap, maloney, had a 4-6 night lol. Chicago sucks, live with it! You could say they shag sheep they are that horrendous. Got to give them props though, they were almost within single digits(85-74) against one of the worst teams. Oh well maybe they can play Washington some and have some kind of chance to win a game, maybe hit the 5 win plateau. 3-20? LOL

------------------

8. roydelton

roydelton Member

Time to answer your questions ...

Pole - If I were around as a GM, if no free agent wanted to come in my town, I would tank few seasons just to get a core of 4 or 5 high draft picks to complete an interesting starting lineup.
    That is exactly what is Chicago doing, picking right people now, just to see them succed 2 or 3 years from now.
    You now, everyone is saying 'Chicago picked badly this recent year'- I must disagree with that.In a four player draft,where only 4 players make a diference, when you pick 4th you have to go with what's left on table, no matter what position he plays.
    When talent begin to drop very fast, lower in the draft, with the lets say, 8th pick you pick best gamble availible, a highschooler or so ... which the Bulls did with Jamal Crawford. This tactics have worked in past for some teams (Kemp and Seattle, Pippen and Chicago via Seattle and so on ...)
    I would be satisfied when we reach the type of draft talent taken by the Grizzlies in recent years ... Bibby, Abdur-Rahim, Swift, Francis ... ummm, Reeves ...

GATER - It was a heart-breaking case for me. But that was Houston, we'll host you nicely in time.

ROCK - Just see your January schedule ... no more Denver, Dallas, Golden State, Vancouver ... but Utah, Utah again, San Antonio, Portland ...
    also, yes I was known as Corey Benjamin for a while. That was because my original username - Roy D. Elton (not roydelton like now) was banned by Clutch.

------------------
    Can't love all of you ...

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Roy-Boy, no one is going to argue that we have a tough schedule beginning after this Saturday. You make some good, obvious points, but are also way off on a few things.

Mobley is much more than just a back up. Also, he doesn't start because Shandon is a better defender and it takes awhile for Mobley to get going. The man is averaging over 10 points in the 4th quarter alone. There is an argument to be made that he should start. Only time and experimentation will tell.

You are right about our PF situation to an extent. Mo's has yet to prove he can rebound, but is starting to hustle more and keep his own man from getting as many rebounds. As long as he plays physical, gets his scores and forces his man to play defense, I'm not worried. As for KT you are dead wrong. IMO he is better than Mo' because he plays physical, he rebounds, plays good defense and keeps his man honest when hitting the three pointer. You could call him a poor man's Brand if that makes you happy. KT is good for 15 and 8 if given proper playing time.

As for you comments on Hakeem, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Take a piece of advice, don't trash a team that is 5 times better than your's. Get used to this "rebuilding through the draft" thing because no free agent in their right mind will sign in Chicago for many years to come. You might as well label yourselves the Clippers of the East.

------------------
    Five to one baby, one in five...no one here gets, out alive.

10. roydelton

roydelton Member

First of all, I will not mention any bench players any more in this thread.
    Everybody says Moe will improve. I'll tell you this, you expect a rookie to improve, not a 4 year veteran, with something like 10000 minutes already on the NBA courts.
    Bottom line, you have to get around 45-50 rebs every game. Moe will get you four. Think about the other 40-45.

About the Sheep Joke
    Do you think something like that bothers me?
    It was funny when was posted for the first time before a year ago but not any more. I laughed at it at first, but now you're getting boring. I mean ...
    RoyD - Mobley sucks ...
    Everybody else - hmmmmm, you screw sheeps.
    RoyD - Your schedule is getting hard in January ...
    Everybody - Where is your sheep.
    RoyD - You have worst drafted center in recent 10 years ...
    Everybody - Little lady calls you ...
    and so on ...
    That's dumb. We are people, we have to joke all the time, but think of some other joke and post it here.

About my English. I have learned it 5th and 6th grade only. Translated - when I was 12 and 13 years old. That was basic English ... My name is that, your name is that ... and things close to these.
    I have reached a level of speaking English where all Texas understands me what am I saying. I don't need to know the language any better than this. Knowing foreign language is all about that - being understand from others, nothing more, nothing less. Am I wrong here? Please correct me if I am.

I am so much off basketball now, but that's your call.

I just wanna talk basketball, not animals, countries, languages and things like that.

See'ya all.

------------------
    Can't love all of you ...

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Do you think any rookie will be decent besides Collier and Langhi??? [​IMG]

------------------

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Stop the Crawford bashing [​IMG] Crawford is like the next Larry Hughes [​IMG]

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Okay, whatever, so about your signature, is that talking aboutyour sheep? [​IMG]

Also, who is that center you are talking about?

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Why do you like Chicago?

You are a pure bandwagon fan. You started rooting for them when they had Michael Jordan and dominated the NBA. Now they suck. You should have trashed all those T-shirts a couple years ago and become a Lakers fan.

As for your fondness for farm animals, you should really think twice. Here is some infomation from the Criminal Code of Canada.

http://insight.mcmaster.ca/org/efc/pages/law/cc/cc.160.html [​IMG]

------------------

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

<font color="#990000" face="arial" size="1">(It's one thing to joke around about Roy and the sheep ... it's another to get completely graphic and gross. Please tone it down - thanks)</font>

[Note: This message has been edited by Administrator]

16. TeXaSalsa

Ok roy lets talk "basketball" and test your infinite knowledge of the sport.

how come chicago stupidly runs the triangle offense when it simply isnt effective w/ no veterans to run it?

how does mobley suck when he has national praise and scores 17.5 ppg and hits clutch shots to win?

why did you draft fizer again?

what potential does jamaal crawford have? i see him being a derek anderson. if you think he is the next magic johnson sorry. moochie could post that skinnie boy up and school him.

why do you start khalid el amin?

why did you not draft mihm after practically promising him you would?

why are a few players like mercer's and khalid el amin's stats inflated? o wait i can answer this one... GARBAGE TIME.

if kenny thomas and mo taylor stink.... how come brand is shooting around that area and getting lit up just as bad?

is corey benjamin a basketball player or track athlete?

ok no more sheep jokes. please enlighten us again on the bulls coming return to "glory"

------------------
    --TEX

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

LOL This is what I picked up at ESPN.com's power rankings comments:

Friday, December 15, 2000
    Users: Kings deserve it! At least they did...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com

Well, even we could see it coming. We took the best team in the NBA record-wise, the Sacramento Kings, and made them No. 1 on Tuesday morning. Sure, we knew the Kings were playing that night. But we figured against Atlanta, what could happen? Now the Kings have lost two straight.
    Everybody loved Vlade Divac and the Kings when the week began.

Anyway, ESPN.com users wrote a bunch about the Kings finally hitting No. 1 in our Power Rankings this week. Here are some of the better comments on the Kings and other teams.

Check back on Tuesday at Noon ET to see who deserves No. 1 next week. Will it be the Kings? The Lakers? At this point, we don't know. And by the way, Click here if you want to send more comments.

Comments on the Kings

NO!!!! Don't do that!!! Don't rank the Kings No. 1!! What you have just done is sentenced them to a horrible road trip!! The Kings deserve to be 15th or 16th team. This will ensure that they will continue to play good basketball.

Rob Horne
    Roseville, Calif.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For once the Kings actually earn a No. 1 ranking -- then they go out and do the two things they haven't done all year. They don't play defense and they lose to a team as bad as the Hawks. Oh well. For once I don't have a disagreement in the rankings.

Nathaniel Hughart
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Williams

Finally, you guys give the Kings the respect they deserve (how many times have you guys heard that line). This team is definitely not the same team that underachieved last year; these guys know how to win. They haven't lost a game yet with the big three all playing (C-Webb, J-Dubb, Peja), and they haven't got blown out in any of their losses. If this team proves they can win on the road, their No. 1 ranking will be undebatable. Only one question remains to be answered: why would Webber want to leave? I hope that question will never have to be answered.

Ryan
    Stanford, Calif.

My life is finally complete. I've seen the Kings at the top spot in the Power Rankings. My life can only go downhill from here.

Steve K.
    Austin, Texas

Webber

Congratulations!

Now I have to watch my back. You gave me what I asked for in the Kings' ranking. Now I hope they can keep it. I am not sure if they are the best team in the league, although I think they are much better than what the general public thinks. One thing I do know is the Kings are a solid basketball team that goes very deep with talent, but more importantly these guys love playing together and it shows. Great job for this week, let's see how long the Kings can stay No. 1.

Pete D
    Fair Oaks, Calif.

While I've been an avid Kings fan since they came to Sacramento, I'm still not sure that they are deserving of the top spot. Yes, they have been next to invincible at home, but their record on the road has been less than stellar. The No. 1 spot might be better left elsewhere until they can prove themselves.

Dave Reese
    Sacramento, Calif.

The Kings have finally matured as a team and are playing much better team defense. Adding that missing link to the already explosive offense has made this team a contender. They have earned the top spot by going 3-0 last week, and they did it in fashion by beating the Spurs, Rockets and Heat. Another sign of maturity is beating the Heat after being down 40-17 in the first quarter.

Jarrod
    Folsom, Calif.

Comments on other teams

I understand that the Lakers are 15-7 at this point in the season. Truth be told that is disappointing. But why is there no loyalty shown to the champs, who have knocked off Sacramento on the road, are even with San Antonio this season at 1-1, and lost to the Jazz only because the champagne reappeared behind their ears. This is a team that is worthy of the top spot until proven otherwise. Keep in mind Isaiah Rider has not come into his own yet and the team defense is not at its strongest. They are the champs and deserve more respect.

Jason Madigan
    Garden Grove, Calif.

Camby

You guys need to stop hating on the Knicks. Which East team has the best record against the West (including 5-0 at home vs. the "so strong" West)? Which team is five of their last six? Who handed the Spurs their first home loss? Who has the top ranked defense in the entire league? It seems to me that no matter what the Knicks do, they are worse than every decent West team and the Sixers. In a few weeks, when N.Y. is atop the Eastern Conference and has one of the best records in the NBA, I hope you still don't have the Knicks as low as they are now.

Terry
    Stanford, Calif.

The Bucks have won six out of eight over the last two weeks and haven't moved an inch. Maybe they should have been lower two weeks ago, because that certainly deserves a move up.

Tim Clavette
    Madison, Wisc.

I respectfully request that all those involved in determining the Power Rankings be drug tested. It's clear the Power Rankings are run by a bunch of scallywags putting little thought (you deserve some credit for putting the Bulls where they belong) into what they do. The Heat ahead of the Cavs? Where's the logic in that? Cavs swept a home and home series from them, held Charlotte to 66 points and beat the Kings, but I guess you guys blew out your short term memories hanging out with Iverson and Rider, huh? It's cool, I understand. It helps explain a lot of things. Just next time, invite me!

Nick Selak
    Denver

Robinson

----------------------

It puzzles me how you can rank the San Antonio Spurs ahead of the Sixers. It seems as if your poll is based on potential instead of how teams are playing right now. The Spurs have a 13-7 record. (by far the middle of the pack as far as record is concerned) David Robinson hasn't played a decent game ALL year. Their record on the road is horrendous. The top teams are supposed to win road games right? (See Philly's 7-4 road record) Duncan along with Derek Anderson is saving this team this year. All I'm saying is rank the teams according to how they're playing CURRENTLY instead of how they MIGHT play!

Micah O'Neal
    Okinawa, Japan

How can you be so cruel to my Rockets? I've waited patiently as you've ranked them behind the Nuggets and the Sonics in previous rankings (whom they've both beaten), but this latest rating is preposterous. Can you please explain to me how the Rockets can be ranked behind Miami, when Houston has a better record, has played a much tougher schedule, and actually beat the Heat in Miami? Some things just make no sense.

James Foley
    Chicago

-------------------

C'Mon Roy. Even Chicago fans are hopping on the Rockets bandwagon, why don't you just give in? You know you want too, you can't hide your true feelings about the rockets from us.......

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

18. themugg

themugg Member

Roy, you and the Bulls are'nt even worth writing about!!!!!

------------------
    TheMugg

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Did you call me Roy? What do you want?

By the way, Crawford played at Michigan. That is a college. Thus, Crawford was not a high schooler, even though he did only play one year. This is just one of the many reasons why you lend yourself no credibility around here. Your facts are always, well, NOT facts. I am not sure where you get your information from. Do they have DirecTV in Macedonia??? Oh, and Crawford needs to be put on the Krause Diet, man he looks thin.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited December 19, 2000).]

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Crawford hit 9 of 10 threes in a pre-draft workout and showed the ability to play well against the rest of this "superb" draft class. He got picked high because he's 6'5 and there was talk that he might be able to play PG in the NBA. Fact of the matter is that he can't shoot and he can't play the point.

Crawford bashes himself!

------------------