1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Know What?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Oct 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This is the first time in about...25 years that the Rockets do not have a bona fide, absolute, one thousand percent stud on the floor or on the bench or on the roster (and that includes T-Crap).

Twenty five years. First time since that an opposing coach does not have to game plan for one of our players.

Think about that.

Tis going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG season.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: Kelvin Cato / Mobley / Francis years?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At least Francis put up 20 and made highlights every night.

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

And the first time in my memory that we go into a season without a single paint protector/presence. I've made threads about it and I've made posts about it for the last few months now. We're going to get crushed in the paint and lose ~50 games.

McG coming back strong or not is pyrite, as he doesn't solve the paint problem, nor should he be expected to do so.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed, this is going to be a very long season.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh god, please tell me you're not going to parade your W/L predictions in every game thread like you did before. Actually please do, you kinda have that BrooksBall effect.

7. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

We might not make the playoff but we won't miss it by much. Even tho we lost both of our star players, we have got a bunch of great role players on the team. After the FIRST game whom we lost to the BLAZERS who was considered to be one of the most dangerous team in the nba last season beside the fakers. Why aren't you glad that our hard nose defense is still there! Players are giving extra effort and trying to fill the void that Yao left behind. Even though they got out rebounded but they fought hard and forced turnover for transition points! You honestly think that the rockets walked into the blazers' building without knowing that they were gonna get kill in rebound by the end of the night? Yet they limited their Bigs to the minimum damage and i thought our defense was solid throughout the whole game. Yes they outrebounded us but guess what? Greg Oden got 2 pts, L.A. got 12 pts and flopzilla got how many pts? i donno. Our role players played great D last night and you seem to neglect that very fact. This season is gonna be tough as we have jst added three major role players in Ariza, Anderson and Budinger and they will need time to adjust. With these kind of injuries, I honestly think that this year is the best chance for them to develop their overall game and gelling. We got a great back court combination in AB and KL. We got a great front court in the Chuckwagon, Cola and Landry. Budinger is gonna evolve to be a Von Wafer Vol. II with better defense next season. Yes we are doomed for this season for any sort of title run but it's not necessary a bad thing for our upcoming future. Picture this lineup next year.

Ab<--->KL
    T-mac<--->AB,Ariza, Budinger
    Shane<--->Ariza, Budinger
    Cola<--->Landry, Chuckwagon(for opposing elite bigs) and Pop
    Yao<---> Anderson, Chuck and Pop

Given the young players gained enough experience, that's one hella a team to be reckon with in the upcoming future. So quit your whinning and live with what we have!

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Luis Scola will demand a double team soon. He's not right at the moment.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Coaches are game planning very hard for Brian Cook.