1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. CertifiedTroll

You might be a moron if you

...created this thread

Feel free to contribute to what else makes OP a moron!

2. bmd

bmd Member

DMo sucked. Black and Papanikolaou played fine.

Black played some nice disciplined defense and grabbed some boards. He was a perfectly acceptable back-up C last night.

And Papanikolaou had a decent game. He didn't do anything great, but he played good defense and played within the offense and made few mistakes.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You might be a moron if you are drunk at 9 AM, which the OP apparently is.

You have a problem OP, get help.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He fouled too much, but, other than that, I thought he looked real good out there. Made very smart passes and plays, hustled -- I was impressed. I think, after he and his team mates learn to play together that Pumpernickle will look a lot better -- as it seemed to me that he made some real good passes out there last night that his team mates just were not expecting or ready for.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You might be a Morey if you trade for a rising superstar who turns into a top 5 player in the league and you sign a top 3 Center in the NBA.

You might be a Morey if you have the ability to get a billionaire's panties ruffled.

You might be a Morey if you get to hold a conference at MIT every year.

You might be a Morey if you have one of the coolest jobs in the world.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You might be an attention w**** if....

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes yes, defend Morey's every move. not shocked at all, every single yea it's the same BS mantra about building a championship team and swinging for the fences. and yet we are nothing more than a middling seed every single year because we swing for the fences and forget the rest of the team. Always comes back to bite us in April and May when the starters always look worn out or injured, or just plain flat.

so am I going off the handle a bit? Probably. I don't care. I b**** and moan about this every single stupid year and always gotta hear the same typical BS from his defenders every single stupid year. Our bench is garbage, we have nothing after our top 3 guys. but yeah, Morey makes trades or is rumored to be in trades, and makes fancy speeches at MIT, so he's a great GM.

Next year, he is going to swing for the fences again and forget about the rest of the team, and we will once again have a crappy bench as usual. You know what his record is as a GM? We have averaged 46 wins a year for the past 7 years. We are 13-12 in the playoffs during that time. You are what your record says you are. He is an average GM. There are only two outcomes to his grandiose plans, either he gets a hit or he does absolutely nothing and we are stuck with nothing else but excuses and "wait for next year, I got something up my sleeve" BS.

So yeah, not too early to complain about this. It's the same crap popping up in front of me again.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Stars first. Once three stars acquired, use MLEs, other exceptions, trading minimum veteran contracts for depth.

If you acquire depth before stars, team will be capped out and trading for stars is only avenue to acquire stars.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

So how many championships do you expect the replacement GM of your choice would have won during Morey's tenure? Because clearly Morey has been under performing and some other GM would have had us winning championships instead of "stuck in mediocrity" after the injuries to Yao and Tmac. No one can really seem to put together any sort of realistic argument for how this was supposed to happen, but maybe you will be the first?

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

hotballa with the #hotsportstake. Stay Sharp, buddy.

11. hotballa

I understand that, I really do. It's just that I dont want to spend a decade looking for that 3rd star. There are teams that have won it with only two. We have the best 2 guard and center in the league, we've won championships with less top level talent than that. At some point, I just want Morey to goto Plan B.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't agree with Morey on everything esp the hire of McHale and subsequent retention of McHale but this is one of the worst threads ever in the GARM.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

We've gotten rid of the Lin fans. Unfortunately, there are still Morey Only Haters in the GARM.

14. hotballa

All I'm saying is that he's an average GM, not the super demigod of GMs that a lot of folks around here make him out to be. He's dropped the ball on the little things like team chemistry, bench depth, coach hirings, etc. I'm tired of the same old BS weak ass excuses form his defenders everytime any critique of him is brought up.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So is Presti an elite GM? Because both him and Morey have the same number of rings yet a lot of people love riding Presti's nuts for using Top 3 picks correctly but can't find a way to build a good supporting cast.

I'd like to see your list of GMs that are above average because, right now, the only GM that is in a league of his own is RC Buford.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why do people keep saying this as if it doesn't apply to almost every team in the west not named the Spurs. The Warriors miss the playoffs without Curry. The Mavs miss the playoffs without Dirk. The Grizz miss the playoffs without Gasol. Portland misses the playoffs with LMA or Lillard. The Thunde miss out on the playoffs if Durant misses the entire season. The Clippers miss the playoffs without Paul.

Next thing you are going to tell us that the Broncos can't win the super bowl if Manning gets hurt right?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Stick to the hang out. It's more your speed.

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I expected more from this post...

19. Nook

Nook Member

You run a sandwich shop in NYC and are married but do not understand the basic anatomy of a vagina?

1 person likes this.
  20. jedicro

jedicro Member

Guys, calm down, it was one loss. It's not that big of a deal.

Wait..what?