1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**** you homeless man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Sep 1, 2010.

1. MingMingDynasty

Screw homeless people, I wish someone like Patrick Bateman would wipe them out. I consider Bateman almost the anti-hero of America Psycho for slicing that homeless guy.

I ride the bus in Austin with the hobos all the time and hear them talk about their lives. Guess what, they rarely need money for food. All the bums know where to get handouts and probably have a few nice people they can always go to in a pinch. Most of their time is spent getting money for beer, crack and hookers.

For some reason, the big thing in hobo'ing right now is to make up a "sad" story and say you need a random amount of money. For example, I have had the same hobo come up to me and say he needs $3.84 or $5.32 (so it sounds legit) so he can a) buy a tie so he can go to a job interview b) fix his radiator to get his family home c) bus fair to get back home from jail.

There are some legitimate, decent human beings that are down on their luck and could really use some help. Unfortunately, 99 percent of the homeless population needs to die in a tire fire.

2. YaosDirtyStache

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Sad stories you say?

[​IMG]

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

no she didnt, but she and you are the ones who are suppose to be more stable, financially and mentally, so i'd think someone in your situation would be prepared for this kind of reaction from someone that isnt stable financially and probably not mentally either.

Its like being upset over something a kid did or said when they just didint know any better. Being the grown up, one should understand it and brush it off, especially when its not going to affect you much, if at all.

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

True the 80 cent didn't affect us at all but its the point. Now I could be wrong but I believe if she would gave him much more he would have said thank you. He was piss because it wasn't a lot which to me is not a reason to be rude.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Homeless people need to have training on begging etiquette.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

:::facepalm:::

do you really believe the dude hadn't eaten for days? i mean really...this isn't communist russia. there aren't any food shortages. i'm pretty sure the guy has eaten recently.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

generally when you do something nice for someone no matter how small it is you expect to have some sort of positive response for being nice to them. it's called being polite and acting like a decent human being.

edit...i will say you are correct. he should have known the bum wouldn't be happy with so little in return for his begging. some of those assholes really expect to be given a lot and when they act like assholes sometimes people will give them more. he should have known that the guy would react like a jackass. he should have known not to give money to beggars and bums and expect a positive response if it is less than they are looking for.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

When you see a homeless person just help him out with whatever you can. Something so little as a dollar will really mean a lot to him.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Next time a homeless person tells me he hasn't eaten for days, I'm going to start asking what he ate, where he ate, the weather at the time, and a receipt if he has it in rapid fire succession.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah i'm really sure a bum is going to turn their life around because someone gave them a buck.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please do not question Batman Jones in his holier than thou routine. Thank you ;).

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

and i bet you could bust the fool for lying his ass off as you were doing it. :eek: for the suckers in this thread....

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Homeless people are not hungry in this country.

That is what I have concluded after working in Baltimore for years. Baltimore is a ghetto ass city with a huge homeless problem (in addition to crime and stds). I used to work for my fam's business up here and always had extra food (bread and breakfast stuff). Some people would accept it cause there were sweets (like pastries), but people were never hungry. I would be making stops all through the night between downtown vendors and homeless people would turn down my food all the time.

Some of my favorite responses:
    "Bread, what the F am I going to do with this?"
    "Awe, no thanks man, I just had a big meal."
    "I don't feel like croissants today...maybe tomorrow."

So it's my conclusion that 3rd world country poverty is butt worse than US homelessness. I'm not saying being homeless doesn't suck in the US. I'm just saying you're not going to starve to death. Of course, I'm only basing this on my work in the ghetto in one of the most ghetto cities in the US.

But you know who always accepts free stuff and is appreciative? Security guards and other night shift blue collar workers. And hospital workers.

1 person likes this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIx_k8dgA5g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIx_k8dgA5g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Bigpetelikeiron

Well said Batman BUT I must say that there have been times working at The Mink that my patience has been MORE than tried by some of the homeless folks that frequent the area. Hey this is Roky Moon btw HOLLAAAA!!!!

17. conquistador#11

Don't know if they're homeless or not. But when I was younger and stupid, I was doing the whole long distance relationship thing with this girl from the valley. Anyways, I made the horrible decision to take a greyhound bus. One asked me for 5 dollars for "finding" me a taxi that was parked on the curb. I ended up giving him 2 dollars, he wouldn't walk away. Then he had the nerve to ask for my jacket, that it fitted me too small. :rolleyes: The jerk!

18. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

This morning a homeless person asked for $3 exactly. She ask for this every morning and to everyone that passes by. I'm sure that the odds on getting enough money to eat for a whole day are pretty good. I dont carry cash so I don't give her anything. I did once but thats when I first started working downtown. I've never wanted to hit a homeless person.

19. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

When you work at the soup kitchen downtown fairly often, you'll see the vans pull up and pick up the homeless guys to drop around town to beg at intersections. They van guys then take all the money and drop the homeless guy back downtown with some drugs or alchohol and a $20 bill or so.

Its a pretty well run operation.

I've found the crazy guys walking around downtown are usually actually homeless and down on their luck and need help.

A lot of the ones at the freeway intersections are either plants or professional beggars that drive home or get picked up in the evenings. (You can sometimes see them walk to a parking lot and get in their car).