1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

you gain 30 yards on first 3 runs.......and you call a spread play on 3rd and 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Yea. That's fair. I predicted 4 wins so we should exceed that. Then again we should have won at least a game out of our last 14 last year. We'll see. It was agonizing watching that offense after watching the longhorns offense the day before.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill O'brien right now has lost the city of Houston this win would have supplanted him high in Houston's eyes. Now he just a coach with job that's just showing up to work. Offense is worst then last year and he thinks he's so smart that he makes dumb decisions. It is what it is Fitzpatrick has a great mental makeup in a controlled environment but in game action where you have to make it happen in the reality of a uncontrolled environment Fitzpatrick sucks so bench him or create a gameplan on offense for him that actually works. Your giving Foster the Earl Campbell treatment then when it comes to winning the game then you wanna be too smart for your own freaking good and lose us the game. F that. Give it to Foster and win the game.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I doubt we'll win all 4. But I think we'll steal at least one from somewhere else.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sticking with 9-7.

I mean, all we have to do to get there is go 2-5 against teams other than the jags and t***, both of whom we should sweep.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

BoBs reason for going away from Foster... "I don't know". I know he was trying to be "large and in charge" during the press conference, but has he been here long enough and has he had enough success to pop the attitude? "I don't know..."

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think this is coach-speak for "I ****ed up, stop asking me about it."

Beats the hell out of "well, shucks, that's on me."

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think they should have gone for it on 4th down instead of punting. The ball was in midfield, I would have taken that gamble. You gotta put points on the board in OT especially if you were able to get to midfield already.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In hindsight yes we should have gone for it but thinking more about it, it took a lucky catch by Dez on that drive or else the Cowboys would have been punting. Then we would have had decent field position and a FG wins the game.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

But a Texans touchdown on that drive would have won the game too.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THIS!

Who goes empty backfield on 3rd and Two

Maybe Carolina with Cam
    MAybe Atlanta back in the VICK days
    Maybe Deadskins PreInjury RGIII

Someone with a notably mobile and quick QB
    but Not a teamwith fricking FitzPatrick!!
    He runs better than Schuab but .. . that ain't saying much

Rocket River

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Thinking about it... you go empty backfield and take a chance downfield IF you catch them off guard and get a one-on-one match-up you like IF... you're going to slam it down their throats on 4th down.

Problem is: their K is really, really good (final kick of regulation notwithstanding). So do you want to risk shortening the field and taking the ball out of Romo's hands, hands that often make crucial mistakes? (And, frankly - he sort of did: the Bryant pass was a massive chuck. His WR bailed him out.)

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention the WR getting super lucky with the ball bouncing off his hands but just so happening to land back in his arms as he fell to the ground. Sometimes games come down to things like that, it's just how it is.