1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

you gain 30 yards on first 3 runs.......and you call a spread play on 3rd and 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No disrespect to Arian . . but I honestly never thought of him as the sure handed type
    The Catch it in traffic type

I have seen him make catches but like 80% of them he is wide open with no one within 3 yrds of him

Rocket River

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why did Fitz not leave the pocket on that play? He had a lot of time to make a decision; he didn't need to just sit there and wait for the pressure to come. I'm sure Dallas would have sold out to stop the run, can't blame the coach there. The game changer was Watt letting Romo get away. He completes a simple sack and it's a different game.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Foster is making a lot of money so he better be all-world. I'm sure without Foster and his big salary, BOB could upgrade the team enough to make up for the loss.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

My biggest issue is they didn't have to clear cap space to be better at QB right now. Bridgewater, Garoppolo, even Manziel would be improvements over Fitz right now though the draft. I agree Smith isn't a good GM though.

6. ln3012

ln3012 Member

lolwut

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

To hindsight is 20/20 doesn't apply here because I was cursing that play right when I saw what they were doing a few a seconds before the snap. Knew it would get snuffed out.

8. dmoneybangbang

We are 3-2 and have only been blown out in 1 game. Spare me, we are doing just fine.

So its in spite of Bill OBrian?

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

cant, St. Louis rams snatched up our diamond

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yes its in spite of Bill O'brien. I haven't been impressed with him so far and he absolutely sucked today with his play calling, time management, etc.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Hahaha he's taking a rebuilding team w/o a qb and his #1 pick out to a division lead but somehow that's not quite enough for you.

You people are a *****ing beatdown.

12. dmoneybangbang

Then we will just to agree to disagree. I like what BOB has done with what he has, he's not overly conservative but understands our limitations. Unless, we start losing games left and right, we are going to go with Fitz this year. I fully expect the offense to get better as we play based on what I see. We maybe able to squeak by with a wildcard in our weak division.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Coach Bob sucked today bottom line and his offense has sucked for the most part. Like I said the special teams, defense and Foster are the main reason the team is 3-2.

I just don't think coach Bob deserves that much credit so far, he did inherit some talent with this team (Foster, AJ, Watt, Joseph, Cushing, etc.). He decided to role with a trash QB and if he sticks with Fitz the Texans will start to lose left and right with them getting into a tough part of their schedule. I hope I'm wrong but its hard for me to think other wise at this point.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's funny about this thread is that if BOB sticks with the run and it fails all the derps would then be saying "This offense is so predictable, is that Kubiak back there?"

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hm no. i think most of us would say:

"can't blame BOB for not putting the game in fitzpatrick's hands.."

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, we've been there before, you can't say that the fans would think differently this time around.

17. dmoneybangbang

If you say so. If you think BOB doesn't have any input on D and special teams planning then that's on you.

It's silly to say he wanted to roll with a trash qb when there was no good alternatives available. He had no choice, and as bad as Fitz is we are still 3-2 with only one game where we were blown out. Again I just disagree with your whole view and think we can be a wildcard team.

18. dmoneybangbang

I agree with everything you said, except we are re-tooling not rebuilding ;)

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I have faith in BOB as a good coach, but the reason we are 3-2 has more to do with Crennel's amazing job on the defensive side.

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The offense is coach Bob's baby and his baby is looking butt ugly for the most part. And there were better alternatives in the draft (Bridgewater, Garrapalo, Manziel, etc) and he chose to roll with a **** QB. I'm glad your so optimistic after seeing the overall ineptness of the offense so far. We have really benefited from a crap schedule and the Cowboys were trying to be the Cowboys today and give us this win but coach Bob and Fitz for the most part refused to take this win today.