1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You dont tamper with a winning Hand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Lose. The word is lose.

Patience and likestohypeguy like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He had surgery a week ago. He is almost 30. They just invested 150 million in him.

GS medical staff is under fire for rushing Durant back and frying his Achilles.

There is no way he is rushed back in 5 months. I know ACL tears are not considered as career threatening as they used to be....but it's still a nasty injury! Especially as you get older.

Quick, name the last NBA all star who tore his ACL the previous season...

...yeah exactly.

There's lots of guys now who have that injury in college and then fully recover. But you're looking at post ACL guys you're looking at Pacers era David West or Utah Al Jefferson as your measuring sticks for Klay at this stage of his career.

#42 SamFisher, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Wulaw Horn likes this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'm sorry the typo bothered you so much, Wulaw. I'll work on my grammar.

4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Look man I dont care what no one says I'll trade Paul in a heartbeat for westbrook. If it was 5 years ago no way but Paul is not even an allstar anymore. At least harden and westbrook contracts an age are close in years. You need to add an allstar to this team to compete in the west. Paul ain't it

TEXNIFICENT and T for 3 like this.
  5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

That’s not grammar. That’s misspelling.
    And I’ve seen this a million times on the internet. Doesn’t seem like a typo. Seems like people are unaware of how to properly spell a pretty easy word.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

If I had to guess, its probably less about awareness of the differences, and more about people simply not caring to self-edit things that are posted quickly. That's definitely the case with me. I'll try to be better.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Don't tamper with a winning hand" gonna be the same ones in April/May saying James doesn't have enough help, Rockets don't have enough depth.
    "Dude, CP0 is washed! Can't even beat his man! Capela was outplayed by [insert center here]. What more do you want James to do?!"

Season does not start tomorrow or next week or next month but Rivers-Green-House-Clark-Hartenstein are your backups. (3 guys who didn't play in the postseason + one other everyone said shouldn't be playing (Green).)

8. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I’d say better than blazers and nuggets. Possibly better than Jazz. Clippers are definitely better and if the Lakers have chemistry they will be better than us too. Going into last year I would have said GSW were just better than us and we were second but we couldn’t beat them when they were injured.
    We need to add some solid 3 and D players to improve or else it’s going to be a tough postseason.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

What have we won

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What if I told you we dont have a winning hand.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You'd be telling me something I already know, but won't admit.

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

KD didn’t eliminate us, he was hurt. Klay was there when we were eliminated sand will be back in the playoffs.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

KD played like 82 percent of that series. Lots of **** can happen in a one off game. We beat them without harden. Doesn’t mean I’d like our chances four out of seven without him.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99er
    Truth hammer

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mike D’Antoni’s cards are obviously
    Also doesn’t make adjustments when the Russian changes his cookie pattern

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Mike D'Antoni isn't smart enough to realize that when Teddy KGB splits his oreo and eats it, he has a hand! He's the guy that doesn't bet anything but good starting hands, very predictable.

tinman likes this.
  17. likestohypeguy

Haha, you can tell some people primarily only hear words, rarely read them. My favorite recurring one on b ball forums is dominant/dominate... "He was a dominate center."

Pay that man he's money.

:eek:

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I had them at top pair, garbage kicker, and on a second-nut draw. Something like KTs, K9s. A hand that makes a very pretty second-best hand through all of the betting..

Problem is, they're pot-committed, because of how foolishly they've played previous hands. Might be time for a rebuy if they don't hit their draw this hand.

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Maybe he's still on tilt from Riley stealing his button from him last hand, and Jerry West keeps splashing the pot?

tinman likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy

But the joker's wild...

[​IMG]