1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You can do it Morey!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAkLgdbaytg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAkLgdbaytg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Many players have 1 solid year... He should have kept his production up and he'd be getting paid.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he was not great. He was a good player on a lotto team. Looks like Morey saved us from a bad contract this year too.

Overpay for a midget SG Morey will not. Many one hit wonders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol....yeah he is dominant with his 35% FG% and 28% 3p%. Looks like Morey made the right decision not extending him.

5. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

Brooks ;)

/joke

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Morey ain't doing anything significant besides looking like a rejected nerd.

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Trust me. Morey is hard at work at the ultimate plan.

I'm can't tell you all the details but part of it includes sending Juwan Howard from Miami to the Knicks, thereby jinxing them to injuries and suckitude allowing the 2012 NY pick to be in the Top 10.

8. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

You make a solid point about Morey, I like him too. I was referring to the original statement that Morey asks for a lot. Truth is, we really don't know what he asks for and doesn't get. As they say, it takes two to tango.

9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

^most overrated trade ever

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Was in the Knicks forum tonight and they're still taking about it.

11. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and thought it was a great trade...but since the trade the Rockets have not gotten better and the assets acquired are not all that impressive while the Knicks have been able to acquire two superstars they set out to get(not how they planned it but still worked out)

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, every team *asks* for a lot. I don't think a GM is doing his job if he didn't overplay his hand with initial offers. The end result is still what you're willing to settle for. So yeah, Morey may have initially asked the Knicks to give us more than the proposed deal, but he did finally settle on the one that was made.

Also, it's not like we know what goes on behind the scenes of other front offices. So while we hear rumors about who Morey wants, it's not like this board contains all the that the Pacers or the Sixers rumors that eventually got rejected. There's always that hometown bias that really skews the info.

So really, there's no basis for that accusation that no one talks to Morey. The only way to confirm that is if Morey stop making trades. And there have been no signs of that happening.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

1. Even without the trade, NY would've signed Amare and traded for Melo. That trade didn't help them.

2. Did you expect the Rockets to get a superstar with T-Mac's contract? Really? That was your expectation of how much T-Mac's contract is worth?

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The price you pay when your stars are injury prone, damn shame.

Everyone who wants to put this on Morey, step back and think for a minute. So it seems CAA and the inmates have full control of the asylum. This will probably hurt quite a few of the mid level and small market teams.

Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard will be on the move IMO. Great for the large markets horrible for everyone else including the fans. Personally, I feel like things must change, franchise tag or there the likes. Too many teams being hurt by all forced movement.

Yes the Rockets surely would have been players with a healthy Yao, what could have been. This is my double standard, sure I would have loved to have been a part of the superstar sweepstakes. Most likely won't happen, unless Morey is able to work some serious magic via trade or draft someone that turns into a superstar.

So we wait, we hope and try to believe. Things are looking a bit dim at the moment. If the Rockets is not able to land the franchise player/s we could be in for a very long and painful wait.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Nothing like the old rocky vids for good motivation. :grin:

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I guarantee you this will be the primary topic among owners during the CBA talks.

They will be up in arms if Stern doesn't figure something out.

CAA is ruining the league.

17. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I would do:

Brooks
    Battier
    Jefferies
    and 2nd rounder

for Andre Igoudala

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It's like you get all this plastic surgery done, but the hoes still don't like you

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally agree, and it goes against CBA rules! Stern knows it, he's allowing it probably to have the Knicks relevant once again(at least that's my conspiracy theory.) I hope it ends with the new CBA.

The league is operating on uneven terms and it's doing major damage IMO.

20. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Rockets/Knicks Final Series here we come!