1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You can do it Morey!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

For what?

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey asks for a lot?

Scola: Useless to the Spurs, Morey willing to give them cap relief
    Lowry: Morey gave up the starting PG for a 50 win team for a 3rd stringer on a lottery team
    Various low draft picks: Morey gave money and future 2nd rounders... We didn't give up any less than other teams doing the same things
    Lee: We gave up the starting SF of a championship team
    Martin: We gave up someone who makes 1/3 of the money while scoring 5ppg less.
    Knicks package: We gave them the hope of landing Lebron... plus which other team was offering that hope? Really, name one team willing to eat Jeffries' contract.

I have yet to see Morey make a trade that the other team wasn't satisfied with. And in several instances, we actually gave up the "better" player as thought of by fans here.

3. rimshot

rimshot Member

anyone that knows a fat fart about morey and his sucky past expects nothing from him before the trade deadline.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I predict we get a really solid role player. Likely a power forward who is not too tall.

2 people like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Because he hasn't gotten us a star?

He's doing his job, but it takes two to tango.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

When was the last time Morey traded for PF who's not too tall?

It's odd that while Morey has acquired 3 PFs in his GM career - Landry, Scola, and Patterson - only one is undersized. Yet Morey must have a fetish for undersized PFs!?

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey ring a bell with you? Not only a short PF...an even shorter C.

8. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

I don't think we've seen Morey ask for a lot but rather have him find jewels in the rough. But with the examples cited, it doesn't take into account trades that he may have proposed that didn't go through precisely because he asked for too much. It's kind of like when an insurance commercial says all of the customers that switched saved $500. It doesn't mean you will save $500 but the ones who were willing to switch saved $$$. They don't tell you about those who didn't switch.

That being said, here's to finding a jewel in the rough.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

LOL! Were you a stud or a nerd in high school? Speaking from experience? :grin:

10. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Wrong. It just takes a sucker. :grin:

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Its your time to shine now Morey. Make it happen!! 2 days left to conjure up some magic. You can do it.....

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

One: I mentioned power forwards. The person I responded to mentioned power forwards. Neither mentioned a center. So either learn to read, or learn the fact that center and power forwards are two different positions on the basketball court.

Two: Dorsey's problems has less to do with his physical makeup, given his ridiculous wingspan. Dorsey's problem is that he has no brains.

13. jvu

jvu Member

Think Morey thought he was a 2" inch taller chuck Hayes.. Damn sure do wish he wouldve use that pick to draft deAndre Jordan!!

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

But he's still a undersized PF with no brain. Damn that Morey sure can pick'em

15. Prince

Prince Member

Yeah, keep your greedy approach Morey, don't pay great players and low ball them.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's not my point. My point is that Morey gets plenty of deals done. And he also doesn't 'fleece anyone' to the point where they ignore him. I don't care how many times he gets rejected behind the scenes. Just like if I were the insurance company, I don't care that only 10% of buyers save $500, I just care how many raw numbers there. If Morey gets rejected 990 out of 1000 times(1% success rate). I still want him over a guy who gets rejected 196 out of 200 times(5% success rate).

17. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Which great players did he not pay?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who's the last great player Morey didn't pay? I don't remember us having one.

19. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Forget Nash, He's done in a few years anyway. His numbers are dipping slowly. I would personally rather Lowry as our franchise PG, he brings everything to the table; hustle,ruggered D,quick hands,sneaky rebounder and his jumpshot is picking up too!

I'm all for Lowry and none for Nash, no hatin' on Steve but i'm just saying man it's not logical for us or for Steve.

Landing Wallace or jax or nene or granger would absolutely satisfy me. It's a conservative market but now that Melo has found home in NY, a deal could be coming to Htown reeeeeeal soon fellas!

20. Prince

Prince Member

Brooks? he was great last season wan't he?