1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You can bet the Rockets make the playoffs this year!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Aug 12, 2003.

1. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Dam i didnt know Rudy was joking when he said "Never underestimate the heart of a champion".... WOW.. how did rudy ever get the rockets to the finals after being seeded 6th place... WOW... you are really stupid... RUDY did get his players to play with heart and passion... Obviously we didnt win back 2 back championships cuz Rudy told his players they sucked... EHH.. You just didnt make your point and it seems like you still havent been thought sarcasm.. HAHAHAHAH... poor poor you... SORRY NO OFFENSE buT IT WAS PRETTY STUPID WHAT YOU SAID... :confused:

2. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

what part of this squad dont u understand???:confused: are u stupid? i think you are....as for the "heart and passion" you are talking about... i have to words for you my dumb friend...HAKEEM OLAJUWON

3. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

I also have some words... Hakeem Olajuwon wasnt the coach.. and u say it as if it were a one man team... HAHA... poor poor you...

4. bigbodymoe

HAKEEM WASNT JUST THE COACH, HE WAS THE TEAM MY DUMB BROTHER...POOR POOR YOU, HAHAHAHAHA

5. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Will someone please donate a brain... I think this guy thinx that Hakeems 20 something average during the finals was the key to our success.... Obviously you just dont know what your typing... trying laying of the GHANGA...

6. bigbodymoe

WILL SOMEBODY PLEEZ DONATE A TICKET TO THE GENTLEMENS CLUB B/C THIS MAN IS SOUNDING QUITE FRUITY...HAKEEM CREATED SHOTS FOR HIS TEAMMATES.....ALMOST EVERY SHOT FOR THE TEAM WAS CREATED BY HAKEEM ACTUALLY, SO OBVIOUSLY U DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF A TEAM

7. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Whats the difference you seem not to understand the concept of a coach... hakeem did create shots.. but you make it sound like if he won us the championship... How old are you 9, 8... sorry for flaming you little kid... HAHAHAHAHA.... BURNED... not why dont you go cool of a lil bit... Enough of this non sense... this is kind of stupid.. i feel just so stupid respoding back to you...

8. bigbodymoe

ACTUALLY IM A GROWN 18 YEAR OLD IN PHARMACY SCHOOL...SO WATCH WHAT U SAY LIL KID...AND OH YEA I KNO Y U FEEL STUPID...BECAUSE YOU ARE HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA NOW GO STUDY FOR SCOOL LIL BOY BEFORE YOUR MAMA SMACKS YOU

9. WLH

WLH Member

Y'all need to quit b****ing at each other. We could not have won our championships without Hakeem, 18 year old, nor could we have made it to the finals in 85 without him. Rudy T. was instrumental in both as well as he was in our trip to the Finals in 81. He was a great coach, but he was used to coaching Dream, Glyde, Barkley, and those guys knew what to do. The guys we have now do not know what to do. We need something else. By the way young man, I have gone back to school and am in PhPharm school myself.

10. bigbodymoe

OH THATS GREAT WLH WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU ATTEND? I ATTEND TEXAS SOUTHERN THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR

11. WLH

WLH Member

University of Mississippi, I am one of the few Rox fans here. My little girl just came back from visiting my Mom and brought me a Rox hat with the new logo on it. I am probably the only man in the state with one. I am also the only man in this state who knows Slick Watts.

12. WLH

WLH Member

Just read my post, PharmD, sorry, I am usually more accurate, but I have been drinking tonight.

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

You may be too immature to realize this, but spelling matters -- especially when that is the only way people get your thoughts. It is all too easy to say "JVGIS A WEENEEE AKLEBITTTTER." Whatever point you may be trying to make (assuming you have one), is lost in the idiocy.

Have fun trolling. I'm out of this one, since you clearly have no interest in discussing basketball.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Shouldn't it be a rule that your team has to have actually cracked the playoffs at least once in team history before you can insult another?

Tell you what, GrizzlieBoy, when your team actually gets a history and at least 1 nationally televised game, we'll be sure to consider taking you seriously.

Swish.

15. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

In the words of Michael Kelso on That '70's Show: "BURN!!!!!!"

Seriously, MemphisX, stop trying to incite things on this board. Maybe your team has unlimited potential, but the fact remains that it is untapped. At least the Rockets have shown the league that it can be a contender. One game out of the playoffs is better than however many the Grizzlies were. So stop trying to bash our team when yours sucks even more. Or do you feel better about yourself by making fun of others' deficiencies? Like the Bible says, look at the plank in your own eye before trying to point out the sawdust in your brother's. Whatever you point out to us...your team sucks 5 times as hard.

16. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

oh mayn!!! memphis boy got BURNED big time! woohoo!! that shows you being cocky with your memphis grizzlies.. look at your freakin team first before you go spittin all this trash.. oh by the way, are there grizzlies in memphis anyways???

17. Sane

Sane Member

MemphisX,

Assuming you're right, and Phoenix is way better than us, you DO realize you'll be competing against the Rockets, Sonics, and Warriors for #8 right?

Right now, for you guys, getting past the Sonics and Warriors would be especially difficult. What about when you have to face a bigger, stronger, more experienced Yao Ming with a coach who will undoubtedly double his touches?

How will you stop Yao? I REALLY can't wait for the Mobley vs Posey matchup. That will be a classic.

BTW, just so you know, Mobley had surgery on both ankles too. So he was playing on "toothpicks" for ankles too.

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

even though im an avid rocks fan i would have say that as of right now, we are not a better team than pheonix...we have better overall talent especially considering we have an excellent center and they dont. i do believe however that if both teams stayed healthy an entire season it would be very difficult to pick the favorite i would like to see both teams make it to the playoffs though just as long as we dont face the all-star team that steps on the court everynight for LA

19. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Since everyone seems to like comparing Houston and Phoenix. Here is my low down. The suns have Stoudomire who is getting better, but everyone else of key imporatance is near where they should be. Marbury is almost as good as Steve and Marion is another all star.

The Rockets have Yao and Griffin with loads of potential still untapped. Francis is still learning the point guard position. Everyone of key importance is still at least 5 years from having a downturn because of age.

The Rockets with all their shortcomings last season were better than Phoenix straight up. The Rockets had a mental lapse at the end of the season because of a lot of distractions.

Phoenix is close to as good as they could be with a young Stoudomire.

Either way, all indications show that the Rockets will be better improved this season than Phoenix.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

We might be better than Phx, hard to say. We should have been better than than last year--they were just the more determined, focused team down the stretch (Marbury showed a lot more mettle than Francis and the rets of the guys kept griding harder). Two factors help us next year. Yao can get significantly more dominant with the ball in his hands, and JVG can hopefully get the team playing harder and more focused down the stretch.

But also remember we lost our best role player and 4th best overall player this offseason and Phx has at least held their own. Phx has pretty crappy role players after their talented trifecta, but we have even more dismally crappy role players after our talented trifecta. They also had really bad injury luck last year. Both team need there really young guys like Johnson and EG to drammatically improve to aim for the 6th seed--don't count on either happening to the extent needed.

But who cares about Phx anyway? They are going to be a bottom rung WC playoff team anyway--aiming to equal or just beat them is no great feat and gets you a 1st round slaughter.