1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You call yourselves Texans fans....?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, May 4, 2017.

1. raining threes

I will support Watson, but he will have to earn it just like any other young QB. I hope excuses aren't made for him if he proves not to be the man because of his race.

I don't support the man who has not made the team he works for a true championship contender in over a decade, who made the pick.

My patience is wearing pretty thin with the Texans org right now, the only org that had to trade their 2018 2nd rd pick to get rid of the heralded FA QB signing from the yr before and calls this some kind of great accomplishment.

2. raining threes

It's a crapshoot, but some teams are much better at shooting craps than Ricky is.

3. raining threes

I think we know why

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we do and that's a real shame.

5. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Vikings moved up in front of us.
    We waited for our third pick and by then Garropolo was gone too.
    Like I said, you can't wait for these guys to fall into your lap - you have to be pro-active and go get them.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Could have just taken Garropolo with the second pick

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That I can definitely relate to. I'm hoping all this makes up for the stupid decision we made to sign Brockweiler.

I'm pretty sure Rick knows that if Watson doesn't pan out he's done for and same goes for Bill.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The notion that Watson could possibly get treated any worse than Schaub, Osweiler, or even Hoyer (all of whom are as white as Barry Manilow) is laughable. It's silly to even put that out there. Those 3 guys may as well have been Osama Bin Laden, Bud Adams or Adolf Hitler with the way they were treated by the fans.

If Watson sucks, he will be treated badly because....well, Texan fans are gunna Texan fan, that's why. It certainly won't be because of his skin color.

Yaosthirdleg and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Bill would be gone. Rick just signed an extension (reward for signing Brock)

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This.

Let's not pretend like the Texans play in Fenway.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Holy **** youre emotinal about a mediocre team lol.
    Yes I am a Texans fan, yes the Texans are the only NFL team I care for, no I do not care about the Texans like that to get all emotional .
    Besides it's a good pick, I have yet to see anyone bashing the pick.....chill out breh

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

There's no way Ricky can stay if he gafs on two QBs in a row. Godfather or not he should get the ax right along with Billy.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

I agree he should, but I think McNair would talk some BS about how much talent there is on the team and we just need to put it together

14. Buck Turgidson

Or Carr...or Fitzpatrick.

15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Sometimes... occasionally... I can see the merit in a thread like this. This is NOT one of those times. Everything I have read about Watson on this site has been fair and even handed. Even those who aren't super excited about the pick understand not only why we mortgaged the future for him, but why he was the one we went after... like Brock, even if you don't like the method or execution, you understand why it was done.

Threads like this create antagonism for no real reason. Creating a straw-man Watson hater and then railing against him or her helps nothing.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Some teams are luckier - no one is "good" at the NFL draft. They might be a better organization with better coaching and staff... but everyone is about equal in terms of being able to draft. It's the development and execution that separates the teams.

And as was detailed in another thread, Smith's first round batting average is damn-near historic. I can't think of too many teams that could match his past 10 first round picks.

17. Mr. Clutch

Yes, the draft is a crapshoot. Which is why you want to have as many picks as possible and not trade them away. That's another area that separates these teams.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Kizer went 2-20... To the browns who traded up. So basically, if we took him in the first it would have been a giant reach, and to take him in the second would have required a trade. Pick your poison man, they wanted Watson over Kizer so the trade had to be made earlier. The way I look at it, the Chiefs gave up 1st, and 2 3rds (maybe one 3rd I can't remember) and we gave up a single 1st to move up just the same. Not bad.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Is it? Ask Warren Moon. Sure, there can certainly be equal amounts of vitriol - but how that vitriol is expressed is what separates it.

20. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Correct.
    They prolly thought he would still be there.
    A second is a lot cheaper than a first but also more expensive than a third.