1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**** YOU BOB MCNAIR

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Butterfingers, Dec 4, 2011.

1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol, in the original post you responded to i stated it(the field) needs to be addressed.. the history of athletes injuring themselves on the seems is there. im just saying that not every injury/non contact injury is due to the turf.. players do get hurt.. when demecos original tear occured i dont remember many people talking about the turf causing it..

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing was pacing outside <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> locker room after the game, asking everyone he could to try to get in to see DeMeco Ryans. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Matt Hammond (@MattHammondShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattHammondShow/status/529052700164374529">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Thankfully he wasn't hurt while pacing.

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

he wasnt pacing on the turf..

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

We're ****ing Bob McNair because of DeMeco Ryans injury? :confused:

:grin:

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you poll all the players (including the Texans players) I bet they prefer the grass.

Its not like they don't get a chance to practice on field-turf (they have it in the bubble), and its not like they don't play other games on the stuff.

7. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Connor Barwin: DeMeco Ryans Told Me NRG Stadium Turf Not To Blame For Injury <a href="http://t.co/lsMzpfp1o8">http://t.co/lsMzpfp1o8</a></p>&mdash; Matt Hammond (@MattHammondShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattHammondShow/status/529037761924186113">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

next..

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Awesome, too bad it's getting ripped up for synthetic this offseason.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chip Kelly: &quot;I can’t really tell you if there were holes … but everybody knew what the field was going to be like.”</p>&mdash; Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews/status/529033744200392704">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not if the players prefer playing on grass... and not if the Texans are still willing to pay more for the current system than the one-time (or no-cost) field-turf.

And you'll see the same injuries (if not worse) on the fake stuff... except those will just be chalked up to "that's football".... when the reality is, mostly all the injuries that occur on turf are due to "football".

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i prefer the field to not have creases and holes... maybe it's just me. but, "that's just football", right?

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I prefer to go with the preference of the people who actually play there.

They would have gone to it years ago if the players really wanted it.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

apparently you don't pay attention to McNair's snail like pace of making change happen. no surprise because you are as big of a fanboy as we have here.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I apologize to everybody for feeding the troll.

Not sure what a fanboy is, but I'm sure that's your goto insult whenever you're made to look like an idiot.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

You so tough, Nick!

A fanboy is not a bad thing, nor is it good.

It simply means you are incapable of thinking for yourself. Not your fault... blame your education and parents.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Keep digging that hole... Back to troll-land.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

how about i dig that hole on NRG's field?

it would blend in quite well!

18. Remii

Remii Member

If Chip is saying that... The field has a reputation around the league, and apparently not a good one.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Every football game I watch, I see people getting injured. Playing on all kinds of turf . I saw injuries today during the Texans game, but I don't think it was turf related. Injuries happen.

Watch tonight's game between Baltimore and Pittsburg. I predict there will be injuries.

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Eagles Players rip NRG Stadium Turf