1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are not alone.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Apr 6, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

right now...I could be alone here

[​IMG]

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sheer brilliance Another BRother.

This is what gets me through times like this.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A-yZNMWFqvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We few, we happy few
    We band of brothers, we Clutchfans..

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I got on youtube and watch comedy shows for a while. To help me escape from it even for a while.

But mainly I wallow here on the forum.

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

wow, both of these of my wife and I. way too close to home, lol. In Dallas too.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fantastic post. I love the intensity bc that's how I am.

My wife went and hid after last night's loss.

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. steady

steady Member

Amazing post, another brother.

8. heypartner

On the highs like tonight, we are definitely not alone.

And nights like tonight is when we cheer with ridiculous fever -- emotions exploding in the moment before we shroud ourselves in superstition again tomorrow.

Let it out!

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

The tale to 2 cities. It was the best of times, right after the worst of times.

I enjoy how much people are finally coming around, but they still don't know what this means to us. Game 7 is going to be a celebration for me no matter what the outcome.

If we lose (which I doubt) we will be known as the gritty team who proved to the basketball world that we are just as formidable on the court as we are on paper -- only to fall one game short. We may lose the war but our victory in the battle was most impressive. Our passion to the naysayer has finally been justified and today our haters can't look us directly in our eyes. Sweet victory. We felt it, the anticipation of our last stand was palpable and the Staples Center was supposed to be our Little Big Horn. Not today. They believe now. The winds have shifted. The tide has turned. A game 7 loss will not tarnish this groups legacy, it would just put it on hold until next year. They will believe.

If we win, we will be cast as antagonist in the most improbable story in recent NBA history. Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated and (cue epic music) the Rocket Red finally glared. Not since the 2004 Yankees/Red Sox has the sports world seen such a collapse/resurgence of the the most popular cities in the world by cities by storied albeit underestimated franchises. The Clippers deserve respect for overcoming the racist owner saga, but I'll never forget how they benefited from David Stern's favor. It's not their fault but it would make this victory all the sweeter nevertheless.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/975363-chris-paul-lakers-david-sterns-decision-to-nix-blockbuster-trade-bad-for-nba

No longer will we be a middle of the pack semi-contender, we will be perennial championship front runners to those who put their brains ahead of their bias. So today I sit back and relax in anticipation of the Rockets dealing to a league darling a crushing series defeat. One that may catapult our team into the championship conversation -- one that may render their team removed from it.

And, for all Austin River's bravado, Shhh, just close your eyes, It'll all be over soon.

If this improbable run now seems more fact than fantasy, if you've bookmarked articles from those who predicted a Mavericks(!) series win, if you have pictured yourself in Toyota Center Sunday afternoon and if you anticipate a sleepless next 48 hours...

You are not alone.

4 people like this.
  10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

sniff sniff

Billy D writes well.

11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Good job AB!

Another well written entry for the clutchfan database!

Somebody rep this man for me

12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Thanks guys. lol
    Other than here people think I'm obsessed. Weird.

13. heypartner

that was a great joy to read. thanks Another Brother!

My family was somewhat worried about me when I didn't give up my season tickets after leaving town in 2007. But the Rockets won them over this year with tickets for 2 nieces, 2 nephews, 2 sibling/inlaw parents, and 3 cfnet friends....in Clutch City moments....now they get it.

I can't think about how much money I've spent on this playoff run. It's like: Le$, shut up and take my money.

#93 heypartner, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yup, win or lose I'm pretty confident going forward.

Especially considering we are doing this without Beverly and Without Dmo who IMO is our 3rd best player consistently.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

We here.

We ain't going no where.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vnxqoDhFRDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we're here, no fear, get used to it.

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm most likely going to be watching the game alone because for MN basketball doesn't exist. They are still spending their time figuring why the Wild got swept by the Blackhawks..

Also I'm going to be so loud and crazy during the game that being around non-Rockets fans might not be a good idea.

Even if I'm physically alone it will be good to know that my Clutchfan brethren will still be with me in spirit.

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

We are facing a difficult match up, all the national media and Vegas have us winning maybe 1 game. That may play out to be the result. This team wasn't even picked to be better than a 6th seed by most "experts" at the start of the season. Even so some "experts" had us out of the playoffs. Despite all season going through injuries to key players and roster changes, this team won their division. Then we were voted most likely to be upset in the 1st round. So this group spanked Cuban's Super team. The Los Angles Clippers came to town and caught us sleeping game 1. Then it all fired right back up NO WAY the Rockets can win the series because Chris Paul will be back. It looked to be true. Down 3-1 the entire world minus a very few strong willed fans counted this team DEAD. We won game 5 with a sick Harden. Game 6 down by 19 half way in the 3rd period of game 6, when NOBODY would bet their 1st born child we still got this... THEY PULLED IT OUT! WITHOUT the Beard! Game 7 was a cakewalk. So go ahead NBA world count them out. Tell them they can't stop the Splash Brothers. Tell them Howard is mentally weak. Tell them Harden is a villian. Jet and Pablo Pasta Sauce are too old. J Smoove is a quitter, Ariza is a thug, Brewer and Jones can't shoot, Baby Swiss Chocolate is too young, and McHale is too dumb. Please count them out because this team has summoned the power of Clutch City!

1 person likes this.
  20. heypartner

You are not alone in this rain!