1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are not alone.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Apr 6, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Wow, amen & hell yes! This post should be pushed to the front page or at least stickied for the remainder of the play offs! Well done another brother. We are not alone!

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

BOOM!

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel. I get extremely emotional and sensitive about my Rockets, ever since the glory days. I just want it again. While I was reading your post, I thought I wrote that. May the Rockets continue fighting in this immense western conference, and I hope we are the only team not dining in hell when it's all said in done.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I know the championship parade will be Downtown, however, I will be on Richmond between Hillcroft and Chimney Rock for memory sake. Life was good in Htown!!!

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing this. I can relate and the only difference is I'm in Dallas.

Mavs fans have always been obnoxious around here and I love sporting the Rockets gear much to the ire of my family and friends here. I have that "side" too. My wife will tell you she NEVER sees me upset or angry unless I'm watching the Rockets lose a game.

During this time of the season, she just knows not to engage me during a game or immediately after a loss. Heck I even stay off of CF after a loss because it's not good to fan the flames of my mood. And though she's a mild Mavs fan she knows not to go there with me as it's the only trigger point that gets me acting irrationally. The Rockets are literally the only thing in my life that can get me like a rabid fan dropping 4-lettered bombs at my tv screen. Nothing and I mean nothing else comes close.

It's a vicious cycle every season. Only the Championship will satisfy this angst....

6. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

HONKING MY HORN DOWN 1960

7. DreamEarlNolan

I can completely relate to the original post in this thread. I skipped Easter lunch with my side of the family to watch the Rockets in peace at my house. I'm pretty sure I have a problem.

8. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I hardly ever post but this stirred something up inside me and I just had to comment.
    I don't know about ya'll, but I hate rockets "fans" that want to be "unbiased" and always "objective". I honestly feel like these guys are just posers and are too afraid of getting their hopes crushed to just hop on the train and let it go where it goes. Being a rockets fan, or any devoted fan for that matter, is to become vulnerable, to put your emotions on the line in the most irrational way possible, and let the results of a non-consequential game impact you. Bravo to AB, I instantly connected with all of your sentiments, and respect your patience to not only stick with rockets in their highs but also to be stuck in the dirt for the last 20 years. It is truly inspiring as someone from a younger generation to see such unwavering support and enthusiasm.
    I'll be cheering my hardest when the playoffs arrive, and as far as i'm concerned, the rockets are winning it all this year. I've been a fan for 10 years and I've only tasted the second round once, but whoever disagrees just needs to stay away from me and all of the other true fans

9. Asian Sensation

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LO4TPDjxE80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great stuff AB and to make it even better i'll be in town in a week from now..... next task to get some playoff tickets :eek:

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This thread is a safe haven for us crazy superstitious Rockets fans.

thx, Another Brother

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

"I am here to staayy..." Michael jackson voice*

?

Jk high five brother im witcha

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Wow, it's so cool that you guys share these same feelings. I literally thought this thread was going to get flamed and disappear an hour after I'd written it but as I read the posts I'm so glad I expressed these thoughts. Thanks for all the kind words. Now, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one scouting the Spurs tonight, pissed that NO won and still awake while nervously awaiting a game that starts 18 hours from now.

You, are not alone.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we won't leave you alone

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/crbFmpezO4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  15. heypartner

I need this thread tonight.

And I need to play some Trey

thx, Another Brother, again

16. Mr. Dominant

17. heypartner

Has anyone else noticed the entire Hangout and all Sub Hangouts have got quiet for the last 3 hours.

Should we call 911?

18. Mr. Dominant

You are not alone.

1 person likes this.
  19. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Your wife knows a lot more about basketball than you do.

20. heypartner

And she can probably complain to Rockets customer service better, too.