1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"yo i feel sorry for THE rox"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Oct 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

9'500 fans cmon thats pothetic < "hehe the rockets have just rounded up there crowd attendance to a 95hundred hehe"

i swear this guy was making fun of our crowd dirty as :mad:

cmon peeps if i was in Houston ill go to every home game!1

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

translation please

3. red

red Contributing Member

translation: don't smoke crack:D

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

We have the best fans but it doesnt show from the attendance. IT SHOWS FROM CLUTCHCITY!!!

how many attendance we have here ?

5. AT

AT Member

And how much does it speak to the complete inability of this organization to market this team and total-arena-experience to get any more of the ClutchCity crowd to the game??

People in here would be willing to pay good money to go to the game, but prices are WAY out of control.

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Prices are good right now while there's still $10 tickets available. I won't like prices so much if I have to pay $19.50 just to get in. At least we get free parking?

I'd go to a lot more games if I wasn't paying double (me and my wife) for every game.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Either bring a friend along, who will pay his own way, or make your wife pay for her ticket.

Take a stand against women!

:mad:

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont have time to go to every game. I make it to about 10 games.

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

Enough of the excuses. While the really good seats are too expensive, you can go and see games for TEN FREAKING BUCKS PEOPLE. I know those seats aren't always available, but a little forward planning....

$10 to see the best basketball players in the world.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Costs $10 just to see a matinee in NY.....surely $10 aint too much to watch our beloved Rox IN PERSON!!

11. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

If I still lived in Houston, I'd be at the games. It's only $10 bucks. Movies in Nj are between $8 and $9. THe Rocks are more entertaining.

12. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Okay, I think some people are missing the point.

The $10 seats are admittedly better than I'd expect, but they are *nosebleeds*. Everybody calls them that. As a result, the casual Rockets fan (which is probably 90% of this city) says it'll be a hassle to get out to the game and then see little ants running around, so he doesn't go.

If anything, the Rockets marketing group needs to do something cool to entice people to come to the game.

Here's the thing. The fans in the nosebleeds are probably the most rabid of all, and yet they can't even come down to the floor before the game and try to meet the players or get autographs? Come on. What a slap in the face. I remember those damn security guards telling me when I was much younger how I had to have the seats on the floor to even STAND by the floor entrance. How stupid.

Another point - last year I went to some games, and they had this promo where two people in the upper deck were randomly chosen to move down to the floor. It may seem cool, but don't you think it also says, "Hey, we know the nosebleeds suck, so why don't you get to taste the expensive seats?"

I think it would be smarter simply to have a block of, say, 50 seats that are behind one of the baskets that are sold for $25 WALK-UP ON THE DAY OF THE GAME ONLY and only ONE PER PERSON. This way, you and your buddies go early, buy a ticket, and get awesome seats and the opportunity to harass players the way those rich bastards on the floor should do. And if the tickets are sold out, you're STILL more likely to buy tickets to go to the game... and if they're upper deck, that's still not bad.

13. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Nosebleeds in the Continental Arena is over $20. $10 is a bargain in a better arena.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would rather watch it at home on TV, also I live in Austin, so TV is where I will be.

DaDakota

PS. I support my Rockets by buying NBA league pass which has a portion going to each team.

15. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

To clarify, there are <b>no</b> true nosebleed seats in the Compaq Center.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Thank you, Poodle4.

I've never been in the lower section. I have $25 tickets for 6 games this year; that's all I can afford. But I don't care. I can see the Rockets very well from the upper prom.

17. Rockets 2001

Rockets 2001 Member

Every game I have been to in the last five years, I have been in the "cheap" seats and I can see the game just fine ..ask crispee..his seats are pretty far up there and he seems to have a pretty good handle on what happens.

If you are not working or in school at night(like I am) and you live anywhere near Houston, you need to try to get out there and support our team. it looks mightly pathetic for us to have the most exciting backcourt in the league and have less than 10k show up... come on guys....lets get some butts in them seats.

18. kbm

kbm Member

Memphis, Tenn - The Memphis Grizzlies pack the pyramid last night. Over 19 thousand enthusiastic fans filled the stands to see the grizzlies limp to an 80 point offensive juggernaut. Throughout the game, cries like, "we love our grizz" came from the crowd in spontaneous bursts of joy. Even a 10 point lose could not quail the excitement. Young and old alike - both joined in after the game to give a spirted rendition of "We are the Champions (of the world)"-- the likes of which this reporter can only describe as borderline worship. Indeed, one woman who apparently got "the spirit" began to jolt herself like a pogo stick. Another man sprang from his seat, running wind sprints up and down the stairs of the arena. A security officer had to arrest another group of people who charged the court in excitement after a basket by Michael Dickerson got the grizzlies within 15 points. The question of the night was, is ignorance bliss or are memphians part of a larger cult? This reporter is torn between the two.

#18 kbm, Nov 2, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2001
  19. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Tickets at Edwards Cinema are $8 and $3 for parking.