1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YMCA Basketball "D" League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

First game of the season is next Tuesday according to the coordinator

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

if we want to play next week, we better get this **** down soon, atleast, by friday afternoon?

3. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

If you guys are going to sign up then count me in. So far we have,

Stack24
    Rushour
    Kam
    Paradax
    RocketFire (2)
    Mogrod

I will talk to my friend if he wants to play in the league.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

is biggie going to play in the same league?

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yeah I am. Our first game is next week against Bam. Some teams are returning like Back in the day, VTG exclusive, O and, BAM, as far as I've seen already.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's slow down about putting me on any team.

I haven't picked up a ball in months and haven't been able to really test to see how my knee(s) will hold up. I don't want to just jump into a season without feeling confident in that.

If y'all are putting together a team for the season about to start, you might want to count me out. Hell, I'm not sure I will ever play in a league again let alone anything coming up.

Being 28 and having to consider retiring playing the game you love so much just REALLY sicks a**!!!

7. Stack24

Don't have enough time to setup the team this short notice becuase as biggie said the league starts next week. So we would have to wait till next season. hopefully people from biggies work don't show and i can go and play for the hell of it on his team as a backup :D

8. BiGGieStuFF

You still have time I think. We're added to the schedule but we haven't even paid yet. He's letting us bring money the day of the 1st game. Also he could do what he did for us. Just give us a bye the 1st week.

9. Stack24

Well i doubt i have enough people to get it started. I called a few friends but its too short notice for them...would have to wait till next season i guess.

10. BiGGieStuFF

Looks like you had a solid 6 up there with rocketfire's post. Don't forget Macalu. I just msged him to see if he was interested. That would make 7 and you could recruit more along the way. Only problem is having to front the money first of course.

11. Stack24

That wouldn't be a problem. With Omega and Yao saying they were leaving it would leave a big hole in the middle for the new team. I tried calling a couple of my friends both are 6'4" really good players to add some size. We have good players at other positions but having no one down low will hurt us i think.

12. BiGGieStuFF

yeah you could get away with it for most of the teams but be difficult to get over the hump for the better teams in the league.

13. Stack24

Yeah that's the main problem. I know the team we listed up there could easily take the lower to middle level teams because we have talent. But all the main teams have at least 1 big guy in the middle.

14. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Im not sure what we should do...size will be a problem if we want to have atleast a decent season. I mean we could just play for fun but myself, I am competitive and would hate to put in money to something that could be very well disapointing. Coming off a one-loss season, and then to play a season with more than half the team missing and lose half our games would suck......that being said...

stack, if your up for throwing a team together just to play, then Im down. I just want to keep playing. Hell, after this next season (if we play), me, you, and kam would be the veterans of the team.

In other words, IM READY FOR THE CHALLENGE IF ANYONE ELSE IS

15. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

While I am in another league for the dates posted in previous message, I could make a lot of the other games and most likely the playoffs if the YMCA league is as long as it was this past season.

In other words, I am not officially out.

16. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

oh well, i guess we can still ball on thursdays.

17. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

biggie,
    whats yalls team name?
    how did the game go w/o the stalkers? jw
    any chance to play this coming thursday or is too early to tell?

also, I was wondering if anyone checks out the stalkers site at all, besides after games to check out recaps, stats, or whatever. I re did it because I lost some files for the other and I personally love the new one. Something things still need to be done but will get to it sooner or later (like few recaps, box scores, and highlights).
    let me know if you see anything that dosnt look right. thanks

18. BiGGieStuFF

When are we gonna get together for some drinks??? :)

19. BiGGieStuFF

memoriessssss!!

20. Stack24

Woah! You definitely brought back some good ones. wonder where all the videos are?

I had a blast playing on this team for sure. Next time I am in Houston we should do a reunion.