1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YMCA Basketball "D" League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Oct 18, 2005.

1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Bus Stop Stalkers will continue to build upon their late 2 game winning streak and take that into the next season after an early exit in the "C" League playoffs.

At this moment I'm not sure of the start date but registration ends Oct 25th.

Games will be on Tuesday nights at the Post Oak YMCA near the galleria and so far we have a roster of 7 but would like to have 8 in case of emergencies or injuries.

Biggiestuff
    omegaSupreme
    ClutchCityReturns
    Kam
    Macalu
    Josh
    Stack24

We are in need of one more player, preferrebly someone with size.

Rush and Mogrod I'm assuming you guys are out on the upcoming league since I haven't heard from either of you.

So far Omega and Clutch have ponied up their dough.

It's going to be 48 bucks a person.

Let's start fresh guys and really take it to these guys this time around.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why didn't you say so??? Lynus302 is your guy.

3. BiGGieStuFF

But he won't see floor time because he'll be....EJACTED from the game. (ba-dum-dum) :p

4. BiGGieStuFF

Okay, rush is officially out of D league, sorry to say. Hope things get better for you man. Anyway we're still short a player. Stack, how about your one friend that played with us at UH?

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Damn I wish I lived down there, I would play with all you guys, but I'm in Ohio and will probably never make it down there ever. Sorry boys.

6. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I may be down, what days do you guys play on?

7. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

good luck you guys, time to tear up the 'D' league...i just wish i could be there too.

maybe someone could hook me up with a job down in houston so i'd be available for next year... :D

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm in....i've got size

bout 5'10 and 150 lbs

but seriously i'd like to join

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

If you guys need one more, I'll play. I' am about 6' 175 lbs and play some mean D :mad:

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

it's cool seeing that other people want to join in.

biggie, i guess there will be another saturday afternoon appt at the rice courts eh (preferably when it's not 11566611334 degrees outside though). ;)

11. BiGGieStuFF

Considering the weather as of late, we can definitely play outside. Maybe we should play at the court in front of the toyota center??

12. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

just replyed in the other thread before I saw yall changed it...

13. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah I understand it was a difficult situation but considering you had already paid for the league, all you had to do was let me know or something. I would have been more than happy to come pick you up for the playoff game considering the importance of the game. It's all water under the bridge though. This time around should be much better considering we have a better idea of what to expect.

Registration ends this October 25th so I can't say we can hold the 8th spot open any longer.

I definitely want to get a game going possibly this Saturday morning? Outdoor courts would be fine too considering the weather has been really nice. Who is down for a game? We could even make it somewhere on the west side since I know that's where most of us live.

14. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Hey guys ... If the games are held from 7-9 on Tuesday nights then I am definitely interested. Please let me know the details of the try-outs and practice locations and I will be able to determine my availability. Thanks!

15. BiGGieStuFF

Man if we had you on our team I'm sure we could have won more games in the "C" League. You and Daryl would have made a huge difference defensively for us in the paint. Definitely would be nice to have someone we've played with before on our team.

Stack have you checked out any of the D league games that went on this past season. Is the talent difference huge? Will you be able to switch to Tuesdays?

16. rusHour

Ill let you know ASAP and Id love to play Saturday (especailly if its more west) if everyone else is up for it.

like Biggie said, we definately could of used you out there. If you return to the team, theres no doubt we will kill the rest of D league, not like there was a doubt before.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm still pissed that the other team kept calling time outs to secure the lead. My shot felt good and I felt like we might really be able to surprise them with the way we were hanging around. I guess they caught onto that too. :mad:

Hey Biggie I got Josh's money for D league today. I'll hold onto it until our first game but we can go ahead and pencil in Josh's space on the roster.

I'm on the southeast side so I am not familiar with any courts on the west side. What's the location for the courts you usually play at? I'd like to mapquest it so I don't get lost if we play Saturday. Oh, and I have to ask what exactly you mean by "morning". I don't function when the hour of the day is still in single digits. How about noon?

18. BiGGieStuFF

Is anyone up for playing at the court in front of the toyota center on Saturday around noon?

19. rusHour

whats the competition like?
    and how do we get to it? I thought you meant west side when you mentioned playin somewhere over here...

20. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah I was thinking about that but this would be a good chance for us to check out that court in front of the center :). I don't know if anyone has played there before. I'm open for all outdoor suggestions.