1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yet another Kevin Love hand injury could create an opportunity (UPDATE: Love re-fractures hand)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BeeBeard, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

Love is an injury prone like Amare.

2. amaru

amaru Member

do not want. Always thought he was over-rated.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Alas, no. Why sell low? If Wolves consider cutting ties with Love the line will be long and paying a premium price (which I would be willing to pay BTW).

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

He's growing a James Harden beard.

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Trade EVERYONE except Lin and Harden. Yes even Asik. Actually jokes not Asik.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Nope, we need post presence more than a better rebounding Patterson

7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Crazy to me that some of you would not sell a nut to get Love on this team. He is an upgrade to almost any team and young to boot. But, I still don't see this being feasible until next season.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Over 40% of Love's shots last season were from the post. Kevin Love has a post game, an outside game, and is a rebounding machine. That unique combination is what makes him such a desirable player.

You can find an extensive breakdown of Kevin Love's post game here. (grantland.com)

9. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

I will trade all the PFs (maybe except Greg Smith) on this team for Love, and then trust Morey to replenish the depth.

People act like Love doesn't have a post game, but his post game is actually better than guys like Cousins and Monroe in terms of efficiency.

10. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

lol at anyone not wanting Love on this team. He is exactly what we need at the 4 position and I'd give up anything not named Harden to get him.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Love would be an almost perfect fit for this team if healthy, due to his ability to space the floor. Which is probably the first priority for a PF. The rebounding is a nice bonus. But can we get him? I doubt it. Why would Minny be motivated to sell low?

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Josh Smith amirite

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Who exactly do you want then?

14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Parsons would be really hard to give up. Not jsut because of his production, but also his money. If you can have one starting caliber player signed for multiple years for very little, you can use saved money on other positions. We have starter money at the Center and PG positions, Superstar money at SG, rookie money at PF.

Best bet is to upgrade at PF and use superstar money (for love or someone else), while either keeping parsons or somehow acquiring another player with similar production and salary. I think this is the future of the NBA and Morey sees it. You want your money to go to superstars and rookie contracts, preferably 2nd rounders. It's the only way you can have superstars AND depth. The tradeoff is players like Parsons probably get flipped when its second contract time.

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Serge is one of the most constant 15-19 foot jump shooters in the league.

16. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I dunno guys, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes for Josh Smith to come here.

-He blocks like crazy
    -Rebounds great for a PF
    -Has range everywhere
    -Great post up game
    -Can alley oop dunk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fSQxnw50wAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9xymyy-CHjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He may not be a superstar but he is definitely at least a 2a., like Chris Bosh but with defense.

17. SunsRocketsfan

if we got Love our starting line up would be looking like the wolves

Lin- ok he's not exactly white
    Harden - only black guy in the starting line up
    Parsons
    Love
    Asik

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

J-Smoove is actually hitting those three balls this year, it's true. I'm not sure the range he's showing is legit, but if so I think he would be a better fit than people believe

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Did someone really just say that love was nothing more than a "better rebounding Patterson"?

Jesus.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wanting? Sure.

Gonna happen? Love for it, but so unlikely as to be beyond wishing. :(