1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yes, We Hate Each Other

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

2. AXG

AXG Member

Politics used to frustrate me as well. Now, I just don't care anymore. Nothing I say or do affects anything so why bother?

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/efKguI0NFek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pride. Pride matters. The only reason the D&D exists is because of pride. Everyone here just wants to be on the right side, the winning side of the Grand argument.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nothing you say matters, because you're not an experienced authority or an accountable official. But everything you do matters, as long as you coordinate it with a million people (or dollars).

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really hate Democrats or Republicans, Conservatives or Liberals or anyone in between based solely on their alignment. I hate stupid people. I'd prefer an intelligent person that holds completely different views than me to an idiot that parrots my exact views.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

lol... indeed...

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So you hate a lot of people who share your views. Interesting.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, and even more who don't. One of my best friends is a life-long Democrat who has worked in several political campaigns to get Democrats elected. I don't share many political views with him because I'm more of a right leaning Libertarian but his views, wrong as they might be, are well thought out and he articulates them in an intelligent manner. I fully respect his opinion when it comes to political matters and when we happen to be in the same city, a lengthy political debate is pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point.

At the same time I have Republican friends who have views closer to mine that I absolutely don't respect. A lot of them are just Republicans because their parents were and a lot of the time the reason for their opinion is because it's the opinion of their party.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm exactly the same way. But, I don't care as much if the other person is intelligent. I wouldn't want to talk to a genius who just parroted either party's platform.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't think someone was a genius if they were just parroting some party's platform but yeah I get what you mean.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Speaking of parroting, of all the truly thoughtful people I discuss politics with, NONE of them are doctrinaire conservative or liberal. Every one of them cuts against the grain in a significant way or two (or three).

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Republicans have been fighting within themselves internally for control of the party. The latest casualty has been their House Majority Leader getting booted out of the primary.

That Tea Party upset has killed any whisper to compromise on immigration, which in turn will be the noose around the Republican Party on the national level.

The paralysis, from within and to the government, is intentional and madly infuriating considering people vote in politicians based upon the promise of action rather than just filling a spot for doing nothing or promoting ill advised ideas without any research or empirical backing.

I want the Republicans to be a solid counterweight to the Democratic party in ideas, execution and vision. I see jack **** from that, it makes me deeply sad how that affects our country's future. As smug as partisan Democrats want to play it, they aren't the party with smart ideas. They're winning that perception because they're presenting their ideas like adults with research and backing while the other party is throwing temper tantrums and holding their breath.

Ideas are only ideas, and the best ones have to be revised and executed with people across the board. None of that is happening now.

#33 Invisible Fan, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The reality is that you and I are merely patriots, people who love our country and want to see it prosper and flourish. The fact that we have different ideas of how to accomplish those goals doesn't mean that either side is evil or wants to "destroy the country" as both sides accuse.

Compromise is not a dirty word, it is how things get done in the real world, but in the minds of partisans, compromise is a forbidden action, to our nation's detriment.

15. GladiatoRowdy

Which is the reason that those of us who think actually ignore the partisan "media" and consume our news from more reliable sources. Sadly, I doubt you will ever choose to do so.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You came on here this morning to post this hate-fill post?

I seriously believe you should seek anger management help. just trying to help

17. GladiatoRowdy

No, just pointing out that you would do well to consume media from somewhere other than where you do as the people you believe and trust are lying to you, AS YOU POINTED OUT in your post about biased media.

I really wish you could see how clownish you look.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I get my news from a variety of sources. So you're wrong.

19. GladiatoRowdy

Besides, I don't "hate" you in the least, I pity you, as I do all fools.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DJnKm6ftPu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. GladiatoRowdy

Yet, the only people you seem to believe are the liars. Telling.