1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yemen government routed by Iranian-backed group, Saudi attacks; clueless Obama humiliated

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 25, 2015.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The clown car is now in a ditch and leaking fuel. Will Bobby decide to smoke a cigarette?

#81 gifford1967, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, you're not tracking so let's just end this, I don't think I can make this conversation any more infantry-proof than it already is without the use of crayons.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is nothing to track. You have not made a specific assertion. I'm countering your other assertion that somehow infantry personal could not perform your 'high skill' MOS when in reality the entrance requirements for your MOS was a high school diploma and a relatively high asvab score which like I said before has 8th grade level math and reading. Someone like me who took the asvab right after finishing AP Calculus, AP Stats, AP English, AP Calc based Physics and AP U.S History, the asvab was a joke.

Something a non infantry MOS individual would also never understand was the entrance to be considered infantry was low however individuals dropped like flies once they hit the fleet because they couldn't handle the PT requirements and the physical and mental drain of constant field ops. Guess where some of those dropped infantry MOS individuals found themselves in... S-2 shops.

#83 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One final thing though, you might as well drop the "POG" nonsense. I know that grunts have to feel proud about what they do but I've seen POG's clear buildings, go on patrol, do overwatch, call in inaccurate information, buff floors, move out and draw fire, talk up their jobs as if they are the most important in the military in an attempt to impress women at bars.....you know, absolutely everything that grunts do.

I've never seen grunts do the work of "POG's" though......wonder why that is? Oh well, I guess that's a topic for a different time.

1 person likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Your job required a high school diploma and a high asvab score which an individual with a 8th grade level of education could accomplish.

6. fchowd0311

This statement actually makes me question if you ever had any encounter with infantry personal.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay...your job required a bare minimum ASVAB and willingness to sign on the line that was dotted....and that job is done by almost everyone in the military when they aren't busy doing more important things. Let's not talk it up.

8. fchowd0311

I explicitly stated that I didn't join a direct combat mos for an education. Being in the infantry is a low bar which I never denied. However, staying in an infantry billet is more difficult than staying in whatever billet you were in. Out of the roughly 900 infantry billets in my battalion, roughly 200 individuals dropped their infantry billets in a span of a 1 year's worth of pre deployment training. Ironically, some of them dropped to our battalion level S-2 shops.

Summary:
    Signing up for an infantry MOS is really easy.

Signing up for a an intelligence mos is slightly less easier in the grand scheme of things. Both require only a high school diploma.

Enduring through an infantry billet is MUCH more difficult. A solid portion dropped their billets to a non combat mos because of an inability to perform( falling out of pt sessions and field training).

Enduring an S-2 shop is MUCH easier.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's like saying that you started working at a burger joint and it's much harder than working everywhere else because a lot of people move on to better, more important work within a year.

Anyway, let's drop the POG vs grunt nonsense, it's been going on forever and it's r****ded.....which means it belongs in the infantry.

10. fchowd0311

Except they were forcibly removed from their infantry billet by recommendation from their NCOs and SNCOs, and were dropped to less physically demanding and emotionally stressing environments such as our battalion s-2 shop.

#90 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2015
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wait. Your kidding me. Based on his posts, I have always assumed Bobby was some kid either in high school or safely closeted in a college young conservative organization.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Boy I'm glad I worked all day. What a narcissist b****fest.

This is a really interesting story developing in Yemen; a real possible paradigm shift for the whole Middle East if the Saudi's take their forces beyond their borders. But you guys can turn any thread into a conservative/liberal or ATW/Islam thread.

History is happening before our very eyes.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The funny/scary part is that Bobby is dead serious. :grin:

The Saudis have been using the US as its proxy against Iran for a long time but it's clear Obama has taken a step back from the arrangement. Obama is definitely playing the long game here. He knows ultimately this is a Shia/Sunni issue and the US is an easy target when it gets involved in this nonsense.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, he's on the side of the Iranians, he's made that abundantly clear by now.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The White House announced the day before the Saudi air strikes that the Houthis needed to calm down. This came right after ISIS had bombed and killed over 100 people at three mosques. The current administration has side-stepped certain issues - Syria being the biggest. It is now side-stepping the Saudi attacks of Yemen. And Iraq invading Kuwait was not a Shia/Sunni issue.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Northside Storm's absolute ownage of AroundTheWorld on the 2nd page of this thread was legendary!

1 person likes this.
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A frequent occurrence.

2 people like this.
  18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Its amazing that Saddaam Hussein will be viewed in history as a force for stability for the Middle East.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I see the guys who constantly get owned coming out of the bushes to pat each other on the back, for no reason. It reminds me of this (from left to right, Northside Storm, Comets Win, DudeWah, special cameo appearance HR Dept):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/By5t5VQ7zOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ATW's reaction:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OQx1zPtu2ii/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Mr. Obama is on the side of not letting this destroy the world economy. That depends on both sides maintaining oil exports through the Persian Gulf, Red Sea and Suez Canal. It's pointless to consider who is more aligned or opposed between rivals in a religious civil war when either side can bring the mechanized world to a stand still. You lose either way.

1 person likes this.