1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yemen government routed by Iranian-backed group, Saudi attacks; clueless Obama humiliated

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 25, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

MY GOD... There are no words to convey your cognitive dissonance.

2. fchowd0311

Yes, because a decade long occupation wasn't long enough for you. How about we remove the back log in the VA before we extend decade long occupations that resulted in thousands of new patients with TBI, PTSD, and severed limbs.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your laughably ridiculous reaction to my legitimate criticism of a really terrible policy started by Bush and continued by Obama just proves what I was saying.

It's always garbage civilians who pretend to care about vets when it furthers their political agenda.

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

This particular issue, more than any other, just shows how there are those on the right who will NEVER admit when they are wrong on anything. Not surprisingly, you fall right in with that group. For someone who thinks "it never mattered whose fault it was," you performed some pretty remarkable mental gymnastics to pen the blame for Iraq squarely on Obama.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't, I blame both of them and that's the problem. If you blame Bush for something Obame campaigned for and took credit for, fine, but if you also blame Obama for his part in it then it becomes a "right wing attack". I guess I should just know my audience and not expect more than they are capable of but it's still disappointing.

6. fchowd0311

You were a pog/fobbit/remf...

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And you were?

8. fchowd0311

0311 - Marine infantry rifleman. 2nd Battalion 6th Marines. Marjah, Afghanistan - Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon and some other useless awards.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, that explains a lot actually.

10. fchowd0311

Really? Because 99% of my former peers were die hard bleeding conservatives.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And now Bobby is driving the clown car.

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

It's ridiculous that you, or anyone else, thinks that the region would have eventually been stable if we were still there. Seriously? We were there for a DECADE and things were never stable. More stable than they are now? Sure, but that's not saying much. Entire world wars have been fought in shorter amounts of time. How much money and resources have to be poured into something before you'll finally realize it was a mistake?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it really does. it's not about being conservative or liberal it's about....

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I fully respect your service, and no doubt you had a rough time but you don't really want grunts in the S-2 shop if you know what I mean.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We've been in Germany for how many decades now? You stay in a region till it's stable so that it doesn't collapse into chaos. Sure it would have taken a REALLY long time, but things were pretty much stable till we left. Given another decade of stability, perhaps those who died in Iraq might have died for something positive, instead they died in vein.

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Why stop there? Let's go into North Korea, Pakistan, Syria, Iran.....

[​IMG]

Did i miss any?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it's still funny that all of this is because someone had the audacity to give partial blame to someone for something they campained on and took credit for.....You guys are awesome.

17. fchowd0311

Except your premise that every individual that joins the infantry or a direct combat related mos does it out of a notion that it is the only job available to them is neither sound nor valid.

I didn't join the military because of 'education through the military'. No, I saved my education for a university, a university where the admission's counselors probably would laugh at you if you attempted to apply. I joined a direct combat mos because of life experience and the mental and physical demand it requires from one's self. Your S-2 work could be performed by any high school level graduate.

#77 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the day hero.

19. Anticope

Anticope Member

Great idea, let's just occupy every country that's having problems and stay there until each one is stable. That's an idea that I'm sure you agree with. Unless of course, Obama is for it. Then it's like fascist or something.

20. fchowd0311

Did I call my self a hero? Let's look at the chain of events here.

I commented on the back log in the VA

You claimed that only "garbage civilians" pretend to care about veterans

I countered an ad hominem attack with another one calling you out as a non-combat related mos.

You asked me in a 'how dare you have the audacity' tone who I was.

I stated my Marine infantry background

You stated that the infantry is for the less intellegent as if ANY enlisted mos requires some superior intellect. All enlisted mos's require is a high school diploma, a relatively clean record and a relatively high asvab score which an individual with a middle school level education could achieve.

I stated how your premise was not sound nor valid.

And somehow that translates into me calling myself a hero? :confused::rolleyes:

#80 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015