1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Year of upsets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by huby_n1, May 30, 2002.

1. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

First the Diamonbacks, then the New England Patriots. Now looks like Lakers are on the verge of being eliminated by the Kings. Believe it, this is all part of destiny, and this is the year of upsets.

2. junglerules

junglerules Member

First of all, I don't think the Diamondbacks were a clear underdog. It helped that they had home field advantage, and a 1-2 punch of Johnson and Schilling. If that makes you a true underdog, give me that squad any day of the week.

Patriots? Definitely an underdog. Probably the sports story of the year.

And the lakers? Well, count them out when the opposing team has won 4 games rather than three. Being on the "verge" of losing doesn't mean anything. And, many people right about now wouldn't be so quick to say that the lakers have the better team than the kings. the record surely doesn't indicate it, and though the lakers have shaq and kobe, the kings are much better off the bench, and arguably better as a whole.

Year of the upsets? Not quite, in my opinion. (Miami in college football and Maryland in College basketball don't really subscribe to your upset theory, either.)

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even in the NBA where you have the top two teams in their respective conferences duking it out. I don't see any Cinderellas there.

It's not an upset yet. :)

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ok Tom Arnold.. ;)