1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yates predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Nov 27, 2011.

1. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

In my post here, I predicted 2-4 under Leinart with the following:

@ JAX - L
    ATL - L
    @ CIN - L
    CAR - W
    @IND - W
    TEN - L

Obviously, we beat Jax, but I stand by my prediction. 1-4 the rest of the way.

@ JAX - W
    ATL - L
    @ CIN - L
    CAR - L
    @IND - W
    TEN - L

I'd said that, all things considered, 9-7 would be pretty amazing considering all the injuries the team has sustained this season. I stand by that statement as well, an even upgrade it: if we can manage 9-7 at this point, I think it would be more than amazing. It would be miraculous. I've never seen a team sustain so many injuries to key players, and NOT give in to adversity.

I'm really effing proud of this team.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's not necessarily true. A game manager is all we need if our D continue to dominate. Hopefully, Vickers provides a boost in the run game bc I didn't like what I saw today in this regard.

Of course, our QB will have to make plays in every game. We have 5, 6 weeks to find a QB.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As with you claiming that Leinart would be incredible and running on your own hype-generation, your Yates-Palmer comparison is reaching too far as well. Someone made fun of Palmer, and someone was cautiously positive about Yates, so you leap to the conclusion that Texans Clutchfans are delusional and need you around to help out. The most effective trolls are the ones with the high ground. Well done. Is it so shocking that people need positivity when their best season is being derailed? Hell, you're a Rockets fan...

1 person likes this.
  4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Yeah, like yall played some "real" teams LOLZ.

28-0 loss to the crap Chiefs and an asskicking by the Tebow-led Broncos? LOL.

Ya'll only played on legit team and that's the Patriots. We kicked the Steelers ass.

Wins against the Vikings, Broncos, Chargers and Jets aren't cupcakes?

And a win against the Hanie led Bears.....LOLZ

Cupcake at it's best.

Texans schedule has been stronger, no question.

5. sammy

This team will find a way to win at least 10. I say 12 :cool:

AJ just got back. He was visibly rusty. Let's give it some time.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People need to keep their expectations in check when they are based on idiocy.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know if he would, but I would... Carson is turnover prone, but he can move the chains. I don't think I would give up a #1 and #2 for him though... tough call.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok.

But you don't beat good teams.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It would not be miraculous if the Texans win one more game this year.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Please. They choked against your beloved team. Should have wiped the floor with them. Should have beaten New Orleans as well... not having Foster hurt them there.

Beat Pittsburgh soundly. Beat Tennessee soundly. They have not only beaten the bad teams, but dominated them... and if its so easy to beat cupcakes, why did the Raiders get shut out by the hapless Chiefs at home?

The Texans have the defense to hang with anybody.... especially non-elite offensive teams like the Raiders, Jets, Bengals, Titans or any other potential first round matchup.

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

No way in hell would the Texans, even now, give up a 1st and a 2nd for a mediocre aging QB.

12. sammy

Are you saying that it would be a miracle if the Texans win another game?

Cinci was struggling against Cleveland. Atlanta was doing the same with the Vikings. Carolina's D sucks. We host Tennessee. The Colts are the Colts.

Like Nick mentioned, our D will keep us in games.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kyle Boller was starting that game and he's ****e and when Palmer came in he knew maybe 10 plays from the playbook.

I guess its important to have good QB play.

Won't be any cupcakes left come playoff time.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hell no... that move is going to haunt the Raiders in the future. Schaub and Leinart didn't die... they will be around next year, and the year after... and this year was never about Super Bowl, merely getting their feet wet with some playoff experience and improving the defense.

Defense is elite, playoffs are going to happen, and this team has its full complement of draft picks to make them even better for next year.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They would today......we have enough young players, we need a QB.

DD

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Our D is too good for Carolina, if the Colts can put 18 up on them we can also. I also think Cin will be too banged up giving us another win.
    4-2 to finish it out.

@ JAX - W
    ATL - L
    @ CIN - W
    CAR - W
    @IND - W
    TEN - L

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Now you're arguing defensively instead of sticking to facts.

If you would recall that game clearly you would remember that your offensive line was dominated for most of the day and Arian Foster was held in check. Your defense kept you in the game and Schaub made a couple of plays to put you in position to win it, but ultimately failed.

The Texans didn't choke that game away, they nearly pulled off a comeback win.

Scoreboard.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Even with Schaub, there was no guarantees to defeating the Ravens or Patriots (who are likely going to win out and be #1 and #2).

Keep the picks, make this team better, they have a 3-5 year window to win it all.

19. sammy

No, they would not. You don't mortgage the future for a rental.

Moes, I think you're discounting the fact that we've handled our business for the most part without AJ, Mario and now Schaub/Leinart.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Steelers aren't a good team?