1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's Journey to Africa

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That's so damn cruel. People with sensitive stomachs might want to think twice before clicking the spoiler above.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

If i'm not mistakken thats a result of a snake-bite no?

4. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Yao should come back and play 20 minutes per game..........

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Looks like he's starting to age as fast as Oden.

6. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Yikes, Yao is puttin on dem pounds. If his ankles held out he would still be playing ball and getting dat cardio :(

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Every time I hear about Yao doing something out of the kindness of his heart, I think...why do bad things happen to such good people sometimes...

God bless Yao and his family.

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Yao looks overweight. I hope he's back in shape in time for training camp.. :mad:

Pretending is fun.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its good to see yao fighting for a cause of some kind. It would be super if someone of his power get invloved with the chineese government to stop thesupplying of weapons to the rebels in africa.

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Someone tell Yao if he see's any 7ft+ soccer players while over there, send him our way.

12. Allegro

Allegro Member

Come on, leebigez, use your common sense. Why would China want to start the fighting in Africa? War is bad for business. There is no way that trade could grow to $166 billion last year if China was upsetting African governments by financing rebellions.

The true situation is the other way around.

China has been making rapid inroads into Africa by offering deals that are stunningly better than the traditional poo-poo platters from the West. China has been building infrastructure in Africa (roads, trains, and water pipelines mainly), giving loans with few strings attached, and transferring technology. Can you imagine African doctors, engineers, and scientists? This is the bargain China has been offering.

Western countries, of course, are aghast. They prefer to keep the continent weak and impoverished, the better to continue exploiting its resources. Whereas the Chinese are sympathetic, having only recently pulled themselves up by main will from similar destitution. So China is doing its best to bolster African well-being, and the West is doing its best to keep it down. Hence the rebellions all over -- financed by the West.

I'm in favor of whatever is best for people globally. You may prefer to side with the West, regardless of the cost to Africans, but please do not fool yourself about what is really going on.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Insultingly naive statement.

14. Allegro

Allegro Member

Deplorable ignorance of history and current events.

15. Allegro

Allegro Member

I mean that Napalm has deplorable ignorance.

Before anybody protests that this is getting political -- and I agree -- remember that Leebigez started it.

16. redlawn

redlawn Member

China has been known to be notoriously non-interventionist. (Unlike us).

Is there any reputable sources to even support your claims?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yao is such a massive man he looks like he could ride those Rhino like horses

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

During the trip Yao was actually mistaken for a Giraffe and was asked to get out of the tour truck.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

My comment should've been reserved for d&d, but maybe you need to read about the atrocities in africa and how china is supplyng weapons to the militia. As I said, the world allows china to do whatever because of what they import and export,but they're a part of the problem with the war in africa.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/darfur-new-weapons-china-and-russia-fuelling-conflict-2012-02-08

Here is the link

#39 leebigez, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  20. Allegro

Allegro Member

You'll have to show some proof this time. And no, a link to some neocon publication is not credible to me.

I repeat: Come on, leebigez, use your common sense. Why would China want to start the fighting in Africa? War is bad for business. There is no way that trade could grow to $166 billion last year if China was upsetting African governments by financing rebellions.